Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an alright movie...too much hype may have built it up perhaps. Not one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, but it was OK...

Was it just me, or every time they showed Bruce Wayne, all I could see was Patrick Bateman.

The other old people will know what I'm referring to (Maybe...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1 on the Patrick Bateman. I kept expecting him to put on some Phil Collins or something :)

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I didn't really like it much. I dunno why, it just wasn't...."there".

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 on the Patrick Bateman. I kept expecting him to put on some Phil Collins or something :)
I was waiting to hear about the merits of Huey Lewis & The News!

Or maybe chase the Joker down the hallway naked with a chainsaw!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Too much hype. It was a good movie I just expected more. I expected Ledger to do a better job acting, again the hype.

I'll be frank. Some drug abuser ends his life, sad yes, Oscar for being stupid, no.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
I liked it, but I'm a bonafied comic book nerd. I thought Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, making me laugh and cringe at the same time. Bale makes for a more believable Batman than his predecessors, although his Batman voice can get pretty freaking annoying. And then there's all the parallels to comic books that I won't get into cuz Mudderoy will steal my lunch money. All in all, it was a damn near perfect Batman movie.

Oh yeah, and it gave me an excuse to do THIS for Halloween. :D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I think it is amazing when they actually follow something good. I understand why you liked the movie. I don't have that as a base so I just watched it new.

Actually I was one of those kids that may step in to stop the lunch money from being stolen. Never liked the bullies at school. ;)

BTW, great costume.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked it, but I'm a bonafied comic book nerd. I thought Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, making me laugh and cringe at the same time. Bale makes for a more believable Batman than his predecessors, although his Batman voice can get pretty freaking annoying. And then there's all the parallels to comic books that I won't get into cuz Mudderoy will steal my lunch money. All in all, it was a damn near perfect Batman movie.
Bale was a good batman (Except for the Marlboro Man Voice) Just that instead of BATMAN I kept picturing BATEMAN...but I guess that's not his fault. I actually preferred the older batman with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. They even had a cooler Batmobile. I think it would be pretty tough to top Nicholson's Joker, but Ledger did an alright job in a different sort of way.

Of all the Batman movies to date, which do you like best? I think the ones from 1989 and 1992 were the best overall, followed by The Dark Knight, then the others...But I'm gonna stop now, cuz I'm sounding like I want to take my own lunch money away!:D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
My introduction to Batman was the 1965(?) television series. So all this dark stuff is strange to me, as far as batman goes.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Bale was a good batman (Except for the Marlboro Man Voice) Just that instead of BATMAN I kept picturing BATEMAN...but I guess that's not his fault. I actually preferred the older batman with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton. They even had a cooler Batmobile. I think it would be pretty tough to top Nicholson's Joker, but Ledger did an alright job in a different sort of way.

Of all the Batman movies to date, which do you like best? I think the ones from 1989 and 1992 were the best overall, followed by The Dark Knight, then the others...But I'm gonna stop now, cuz I'm sounding like I want to take my own lunch money away!:D
:rofl: Well the 1989 Batman IS Batman to me, cuz that's what I grew up on. Batman Returns was good, but a little too ridiculous at times (I love Danny Devito, but seriously...). Batman Forever was a crapfest, except for Jim Carrey as the Riddler, and Batman & Robin was just... well... I'd rather watch 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Batman Begins is an awesome film, reintroducing the character (without the "the Joker killed my parents" baggage), and making the whole idea of Batman more believable. Batman: Year One was a great book, and Batman Begins borrows a lot of its storytelling from that. It explains how he got his training, where he gets his gadgets, etc., whereas previous films wanted you to believe that a 165 lb. Michael Keaton was somehow indestructible. The Dark Knight was a fitting second chapter in the real-world Batman that Christopher Nolan has tried to create, and I look forward to the next chapter.

Crispin Glover as the Riddler??? Anybody?...

Fine, I was leaving anyway.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
My introduction to Batman was the 1965(?) television series. So all this dark stuff is strange to me, as far as batman goes.
Adam West and Burt Ward were great, but the campiness of Batman in the 1960s was a far cry from its dark origins in the 1930s. Sadly that campiness carried on for several years after the TV series ended, but Batman fell back into the darkness in 1986 with Frank Miller (Sin City)'s The Dark Knight Returns. What you're seeing on screen now is a more accurate depiction of Bob Kane's original character; a darker, every-man alternative to Superman. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sin City...Now THAT was a great movie! Especially the parts with Mickey Rourke! Perfect for that part!

As for Crispen Glover...He'd be good for the part, but I hear he's tough to work with. If you haven't seen it yet, check out where he nearly lands a roundhouse to David Letterman's chin, then when he was back on Letterman years later.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
:rofl: His Letterman appearance is classic.

Apparently he's gotten easier to work with in recent years, but he's still crazy and slightly terrifying, meaning he'd make a kickass Edward Nigma. I reluctantly watched the Wizard of Gore remake recently, and he wasn't bad in that.

Now if you'll excuse me... I've gotta return some videotapes!

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
:rofl: His Letterman appearance is classic.

Apparently he's gotten easier to work with in recent years, but he's still crazy and slightly terrifying, meaning he'd make a kickass Edward Nigma. I reluctantly watched the Wizard of Gore remake recently, and he wasn't bad in that.

Now if you'll excuse me... I've gotta return some videotapes!
videotapes.....that's so 1990's. :)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be Kind, Rewind!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts