Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally boughten my first jeep. its a 2000 cherokee sport. not a speck of rust but it does have 129,685 miles on it. with this kind of mileage what problems can I expect, whats up with this dim headlight thing I keep reading about and why is the electric windows a common problem.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Nice one man, but you have to know, we love pics around here lol. Also, I realy wouldnt worry about hte amount of miles mine has 190,000 (not exact) and it runs like a top. My headlights are dim to, but I think its because the people that had it before me ajusted them to point farter down then they needed to be. Thats what I would check first.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Congratz on the jeep and welcome to the boards.

Yeah my driver side electric window is shot. I keep putting off fixing it. (And besides its cooler it just take the door off.) There is a tooth inside your window set-up that is made of plastic and it only lasts for so long before it wears down and breaks. Any replacment parts will not be plastic, and if they are, dont buy it.

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Congrats on getting you Cherokee, 130K is just getting 'broken-in' my friend!

I've got Rampage 4H Conversion headlights in my XJ and they work great! My power windows are a bit slow, it seems, but they work fine... so far...
;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replys. I feel better about my mileage and life expectancy of my timing chain. I probaly shouldn't have to change it for a looooong time. I figure though if the AT fluid has never been changed then its due. happy trails

·
Registered
338 Posts
my 99 has 181K and counting. dont worry about that small amount of miles, like it was said before, that motor is just breaking in!!! LOL my passenger front window can only be controlled by me from the driver side. noone rides with me anyway. and my back hatch had a problem with opening( or lack there of) i will try to get some pics wen the cold backs off a little and the wind dies down, and oh yeah, wen its not dark! there is a way to fix it but you need to take the plastic of the hatch and pics are soooooo helpful on this one! good luck with the new ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts