Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. This is my firt post to CT, but I plan on being around for a bit. Hoping to receive some advice and guidance from the Cherokee faithful.

I've wanted a good 4X4 Jeep for a while and I think I found the one.

I'ts a 90 Cherokee (I think XJ but really have no clue), it has 185000 miles on the I6 engine. It has about a 6" lift with 33" tires, and a premium sound system.

I'm in Texas and have been told the Jeep is original Texas, so no worries about rust. It has a few touch ups that need to be completed, including a new headliner, a minor oil leak and a few others.
The purchase price is $1500 talked down from the $2300 price tag.

What are your thoughts? Is this worth buying.

·
Registered
606 Posts
welcome to the site good luck with your search

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome. I've heard that all the better XJ's are in two places, Texas and ahhh okay I'm lying about the second place, they're just from Texas. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey from Indy! If it's a Cherokee, it's an XJ.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Welcome from another TEXAN. You are located where in Tx? It is such a small state so I'm sure we have already seen each other numerous times.

Hey from Indy! If it's a Cherokee, it's an XJ.
This is false. The earlier SJ was also refered to as a Cherokee and sometimes as a Cherokee Chief.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

Blue, I'm in the DFW area. I live and spen most of my time in the midcities area outside the DFW Airport, but really I bounce around all over the metroplex.

Thanks for the clarification Firehawk. Right now I'm really ignorant on Jeeps, but hopefully that won't last long.

I'm going to look at the Jeep again this evening and will try to take some pics to post.

·
Registered
311 Posts
welcome from Canada, anythings possible with a XJ, rust - got lots, i can share some - cheers rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
welcome from Indiana, if you have the chance buy it, I could have bought something else but I definately would have been making a mistake! Jeeps rule

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts