Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently running 31" tires, and a what looks to be a 6 inch lift, i have sway bar dis connects, can any of you give me a prodiction of the amount of flex i can get with them hooked up and not hooked up? if not can you give me a way to find out how with out braking anything first. I want to do this the "safe way" if there is one, right now because i currently have a grand total of 0$... so what i brake cant be replaced, or fixed....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Your best bet would be an RTI ramp...

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but the problem with that is that i dont have a rti ramp just laying around...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just flex it out on something sturdy in your yard. Just check your breaklines first to make sure they have enough slack in them. That is the only thing I can think that will break by flexing out....

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so like a slightly high stump... that i have enough clearence to drive up on.... thats in the front yard... that my parents will kill me if they see me driving up on it because its right next to the road? lol. i thaught about it while my step dad was at work and my mom is in hawaii for 5 days lol.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Haha yup, that stump sounds like it would fit the bill.

Don't worry, your parents will eventually get used to the "Jeep thing" after a few months of wheeling :thumbsup:

Edit: oh and you might want to change your Jeep information. The engine is a inline 6 (I6) and not a V6. :thumbsup:

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Like Quinn said, just flex it out on something. If you have a fork lift or access to one, then you can use it to lift one tire up and see if there is interference with anything.... just becareful to NOT flop the rig on its side!

·
Registered
410 Posts
yea but the problem with that is that i dont have a rti ramp just laying around...
But I'm sure there must be a Honda Civic or Dodge Neon or something laying around ...

:rofl:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here you go. 31s, RTI ramp (30*). Suspension height makes no difference.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Here you go. 31s, RTI ramp (30*). Suspension height makes no difference.

Wow Jason, must of been a big blast from the past when you dug up that picture!! I love seeing where others' rigs started :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts