Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my jeep I'm having an issue with the headlights. The headlights work but driving they cut out at random. Such as a turn of the steering wheel, tapping the brake pedal, some big bumps or small bumps but not always. Would my steering wheel being 180* off mess with triggers in the steering column? The plug looks like there as been repaired or plug replaces for the headlight switch. Its pretty random I can sit with it running and turn the wheel and press the brake pedal and get them to cut out then another day do the same and nothing till I start driving.

Any ideas? Sugguestions? Would greatly help.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Tough one James. Got a bad connection somewhere. First thing I would do is replace the headlight switch. I got one locally for $8. Worst case from there is wire with fuse directly to battery and bypass the under dash fuse box

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a spare out of my 89 somewhere Idk where but somewhere. It would be nice to be able the get them to cut out on command. I might check connections that were made to the plug harness.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe its a worn out headlight switch. The pull handle moves around way more then it should. I need to find my spare or buy a new one.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headlights work again with a new switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts