Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Probably much easier and faster than my method at the time. Was time consuming to coat, grind out spots, coat with other stuff, and continue...
Yeah, I still had to grind it off the top of the frame rail, to be able to weld the floor pan in.

Got the center of the floor pan welded in. I should finish the the drivers side tomorrow. I hope.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
More done today! Rear floor installed. Woot Woot. Couple little patches to finish up then on to the passenger side.!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,264 Posts
Nicely done

·
Premium Member
9,264 Posts
I would do some more tacking around the edges. What you have is probably sufficient, but those edges might pop on you without more liquid metal

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Mine is welded solid. The choice is yours

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
7,032 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
update. Driver side finished, 'cept top coat of paint. Started working Friday night after work. only managed a few hours of sleep and got back into around 9am Saturday. Cleaned up around 8pm and had to go to ER, Father-in-law, not me. :eek: got a few more hours sleep and started again around 9am. This was where I finished Saturday. Also had to do some rear wheel well work. Took 6 separate pieces to fix it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Started the Passenger side around 9.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Few more pics. called it quits at 6pm. My butt is tired. that was a LOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGG weekend. Still have a small piece of the floor to finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Im jealous of your motivation Gluck. Heck of a job you did there.

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Im jealous of your motivation Gluck. Heck of a job you did there.
Thanks. I feel like I should be doing more and further along. :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finished the passenger side today, needs seam sealer and painted. but the metal work is done. I also have a couple little spots is the cargo area. But a trip to "paintmasters" and some metal 2 part epoxy, and I will get them glued together. really curious to see how this epoxy does. The dude at the counter was a freaking encyclopedia on knowledge on body panels. He is my new hero!!. Also suggested KBS Coatings Cavity Coater It's a spray liguid that coats the metal in a waxy film that protects your metal. I also picked up a 3' tube with a 360* tip. I already sprayed it down into my frame rails. He said it's a real good product and sells a lot of it. We shall see.

Also included a teaser of the rig that literally got pushed to the back to make room for my Jeep.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Got these Saturday. I spent the weekend in Hershey, PA for a Union convention. Got back today, so these will go on tomorrow! Woot Woot. Last piece of the puzzle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Got the passenger side rear frame stiffener installed. Only had about 400 lb of 75/25 for the welder. So I decided to get another bottle and a 10 lb roll of .030 mig wire. The gas may have lasted but I did run out of wire. Glad I picked up a new roll, or I would have been stopped dead at 6pm. Only got part of the drivers side. Called it a day at 8:30. Dirt Bound Off Road had the style stiffeners I wanted. Not as thick as the RuffStuff mid stiffeners, but plenty of beef.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
More pics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
and more pics