Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

From the shores of Loch Ness - Scotland

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Mudderoy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

Im a complete newbie to Jeeps, previous Land Rover owner... complete disaster of a 4x4 (Freelander 1) so I blew the piece of shit up.

Reason for joining is to get a bit of a feeling what this Jeeps are made of, and also it they are reliable etc etc.

I just bought a 1994 4.0 Limited Petrol for £800 ( UK Sterling).Excellent body work, previous lady owner.

It has a full service history with 980000 true miles.

Has not been offroad once....yet.

What do I need to look out for, bad points, etc etc.

Any advice would be great:thumbsup:

Also please dont tell me not to buy as I have allready transfered deposit.:D

I live in Scotland on the Loch Ness ( not a real Scot- born in Africa)...I do military things as work....

Glad to be on the site..:cheers:

See less See more
#9 ·
Welcome from Texas, I don't know about Xj's over there, but if you take care of it and try to stay alittle ahead of the maintenance you shouldn't have any problems. I drive my 90 Pioneer everyday, and do some pretty good medium trails, and she hasn't failed me yet. If you have issues you can't figure out just post them here and we'll talk you through it. Happy Trails

#14 ·
Ogopogo is one of the offspring of Nessie...saw it in a movie. Apparently Nessie travels the world through sewers, lakes, rivers, and oceans dropping babies all over the place!

Anyway...Welcome from Western Canada!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.