Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Im a complete newbie to Jeeps, previous Land Rover owner... complete disaster of a 4x4 (Freelander 1) so I blew the piece of shit up.

Reason for joining is to get a bit of a feeling what this Jeeps are made of, and also it they are reliable etc etc.

I just bought a 1994 4.0 Limited Petrol for £800 ( UK Sterling).Excellent body work, previous lady owner.

It has a full service history with 980000 true miles.

Has not been offroad once....yet.

What do I need to look out for, bad points, etc etc.

Any advice would be great:thumbsup:

Also please dont tell me not to buy as I have allready transfered deposit.:D

I live in Scotland on the Loch Ness ( not a real Scot- born in Africa)...I do military things as work....

Glad to be on the site..:cheers:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome to CT from PR, happy Holidays

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome from Texas, I don't know about Xj's over there, but if you take care of it and try to stay alittle ahead of the maintenance you shouldn't have any problems. I drive my 90 Pioneer everyday, and do some pretty good medium trails, and she hasn't failed me yet. If you have issues you can't figure out just post them here and we'll talk you through it. Happy Trails

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome from Canuckia :cheers:

If you plan at all on hunting Nessy you had best put a snorkel on that XJ :D

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome form Indianapolis, Indiana.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey im from kelowna canada we have a lake monster here we call the ogopogo,never seen him but ive had a great time lookin well that and submarine races.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Ogopogo is one of the offspring of Nessie...saw it in a movie. Apparently Nessie travels the world through sewers, lakes, rivers, and oceans dropping babies all over the place!

Anyway...Welcome from Western Canada!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to CT from Ohio, USA...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome! I'm pretty sure your XJ should be able to pull Nessy out of the loch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts