Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find a axle that is a strait and not the vac dissconnect like what mine has. What axle do i look for? I want to setup my jeep for work driving and off roading. the convertion kit to make my axle a strait will cost 280. a axle front the salvage yard is just 100. so the question is what do i check, and what type of axle do i look for?

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
You can also just get a plate for the vac disconnect and put in a YJ axle shaft. That will probably be easier in the long run.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You can also just get a plate for the vac disconnect and put in a YJ axle shaft. That will probably be easier in the long run.
YJs are vac-disco just like older XJs. Maybe you mean TJ axle shaft? You can also install a 1-pc (1992+) XJ shaft as well.

Will the YJ axle shaft work with the seal ring in the axle tub? or would I need to replace that?
You'll have to install a new inner axle seal to run a 1-pc passenger side shaft.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Parts counter guy told me that was the ticket. Apparently there are some that are not disconnect. He was experienced so I am going to trust him on that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nope, all YJ's have a vacuum disconnect D30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts