Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what works great for the lowest cost?i want to install my big tow hooks in the front aswell. not sure what works and doesnt and theres so many out there. feel free to pic whore your bumper so we can all see what they look like installed

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking for a completely different front bumper or simply some sort of bar to attach onto your current bumper?
like a brush guard bolt on

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
you wont pull this off and it cost me about 100 bucks.
I never noticed how big those clevis's are!

That's a custom bumper, which I'm assuming you have tied into the frame rails, so no I doubt it'll get ripped off.

As for the OP's question, you're best bet is probably the ARB bumper which offers a "grill guard" bumper, or the JCR pre-runner bumper that is somewhate similar.

Anytime you're considering a bumper for front recover you need to make sure that it ties into the framerails. JCR has frame-rail tie-ins that you can buy in conjunction with their bumpers so that you can use their bumpers for recovery safely.

The XJ grill guards that are rare are not strong enough to recover by, like Kyle said.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I don't think this is exactly what you were looking for, you didn't mention a winch, but have a look at the backbone system from detoursusa.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts