Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS- A used Rustys transfer case skid for an XJ. It is for the 242 transfer case. I assume it will fit one with the 231 case too. Powdercoat is peeling, and it is kind of greasy, but there is no damage.

$35.00 + shipping

FS- A used Rustys 1" drop crossmember for an XJ with the AW4 automatic transmission. Might fit one with a manual transmission but I don't know.:dunno: Description is the same as the skid, again no damage.

$35.00 + shipping

·
Registered
47 Posts
According to the web site, it is supposed to drop the case 1" without losing ground clearance. How much would shipping for both to 95315 be?

·
Registered
81 Posts
are these still available.

I am interested in the skid if it anyone knows for sure if it'll work on a 231

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might be interested in the crossmember if it is still available..Only question is this one for the 231 or 242 transfer case? If it is for the 242 t-case and you still have it I am definitely interested.
I sent you a pm. I should have read it better. The crossmember will work with either TC. I assume it is for an AW4 since that is what I have, but can't say for sure it won't work with a manual tranny too.:dunno:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are these still available.

I am interested in the skid if it anyone knows for sure if it'll work on a 231
I have sent you a PM.:hi:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I sent you a pm. I should have read it better. The crossmember will work with either TC. I assume it is for an AW4 since that is what I have, but can't say for sure it won't work with a manual tranny too.:dunno:
Yeah they are for the auto trany..but they sell 2 different setups, 242 or 231...and there are slight differences in teh crossmembers between a 242 and 231..not a lot but some.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have PM's out to guys giving them the shipping costs. I haven't heard from either of them yet, but I will give them more time to respond. So I guess, for the time being they are considered "sold".

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hay Kim if nobody responds I will take it. my zip is 46574 or maybe Jeff will let me ship it to the dealership. I think rates are a little cheeper sent to a busness. Hay how deep is the snow in your back yard?
Dave<><

1 - 16 of 16 Posts