Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on injectors and what you can swap. I've read you need a plug harness for the 784's. EV6 to EV4?? How much is it? And if its a hassel to swap whats a good 784 equivalent swap on my 91 XJ?

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
There are a great many threads on the topic. The search bar is your friend.
But, your early style XJ should probably take 703 injectors, not 784s. You don't need the pigtails for them. If you go with mustang injectors or something else, you need to check the specs and make sure they are close if not identical to stock. All you really want is the multiple holes vs the stock single hole injectors. Junkyards are easy places to find them once you know what you are looking for. Ebay and amazon sell them, but you need to be careful to to be getting crap. There are a lot of vendors out there that simply wash the injectors and don't replace o-rings or tips, or pressure test them. Prices are all over the board, but look hard enough and you'll find some for around $50/set

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a great many threads on the topic. The search bar is your friend.
But, your early style XJ should probably take 703 injectors, not 784s. You don't need the pigtails for them. If you go with mustang injectors or something else, you need to check the specs and make sure they are close if not identical to stock. All you really want is the multiple holes vs the stock single hole injectors. Junkyards are easy places to find them once you know what you are looking for. Ebay and amazon sell them, but you need to be careful to to be getting crap. There are a lot of vendors out there that simply wash the injectors and don't replace o-rings or tips, or pressure test them. Prices are all over the board, but look hard enough and you'll find some for around $50/set
Maybe I was wrong about the injector number, 703 sounds right. If I remember right there's a thread on here which is where I found this forum from. I wanna say the truck 5.0 and explorer maybe had those injectors

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Lemme check, but theres a list of candidates on here somewhere. Neons, minivans, etc.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
This thread has what you want: Where to find 703 Fuel Injectors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lemme check, but theres a list of candidates on here somewhere. Neons, minivans, etc.
I have it bookmarked on Google. I'm planning on doing this down the road sometime next spring probably. Just want to research it all and get the best option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts