Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ever since I got my Jeep running I've had a small problem. The generator light comes on. I've replaced the battery and now though it doesn't always happen, when I first start the XJ in the morning the light comes on and the battery meter is very low like it is drawing the bat pretty hard, then I drive and there's a squeaking then it stops and the bat meter goes back to normal. And also I can't have the fan on high or else it will draw on the bat also. Do I need a new alternator or is it something else? Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hey guys ever since I got my Jeep running I've had a small problem. The generator light comes on. I've replaced the battery and now though it doesn't always happen, when I first start the XJ in the morning the light comes on and the battery meter is very low like it is drawing the bat pretty hard, then I drive and there's a squeaking then it stops and the bat meter goes back to normal. And also I can't have the fan on high or else it will draw on the bat also. Do I need a new alternator or is it something else? Thanks Guys
Sounds like a loose belt.

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
might be dirt in the alternator causing it to lose contact. thats what mine was. a BFH and some canned air fixed it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts