Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
What Ted says is so obvious to me. Not to offend my liberal friends, but this is the same way I feel about conservatives. Liberalism makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ted is awesome ... a man's man for sure.

I think anyone who would hold up the rights of the criminal over the rights of the victim to protect themselves truly needs to spend some time being robbed and beaten. Maybe they would think differently ... in fact I know they would.

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
Most of the teaming minions in the liberal camp have never experienced mistreatment, unfair bias, oppression, economic hardship, or any of the other commonalities of the American people. Perhaps if Hilary Clinton had ever had to go without her Chiffon gowns and horrible pants-suits, and instead had her heat shut off, couldn't afford a loaf of bread, had to fight for her place in line, had to drive through the rough part of town to get to an underpaying job, had to LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD for one second of her cushioned, sheltered, silver-lined excuse for a life, then maybe she'd understand what it's like to EARN what you've got, and know that one day you might have to fight to protect and/or keep it.

Oh yeah, and Ted's the man. Always has been, always will be. :D

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Ted kicks ass,

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I've been meaning to take my girls (13 and 15) to the gun range. Well I finally did it this past Monday. I want to remove the "gee whiz" factor, and some of the "fear" factor from the gun. At the same time put some "respect" for the tool into my children's mind. They are not supposed to touch the guns, but if they HAVE to I want them to have the knowledge to protect themselves.

I was teaching them about the handguns, how to handle them, how to load them and how to shoot them.

They were very scared, but it was their option to be there and their option to shoot or not. After they had both shot the gun several times I explained my 3 shoot rule.

I told them, and fired the Glock 22 accordingly to demonstrate at the silhouette target 5 yards from where I was standing...

If you fear for your life, you should shoot center mass 3 times. {bang} {bang} {bang}

If they are still moving shoot center mass 3 times. {bang} {bang} {bang}

If they are still moving shoot them in the DAMN HEAD {bang} {bang} {bang}

Everyone laughed, as did I then I explained you always shoot center mass, but not before my wife, looking around says "Not so loud!"

She was concerned that someone might take issue with me telling my daughters to shoot someone in the head.

:D

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can't say that I agree that there should be no permits of any kind to own a gun, but I do agree that free men should be allowed the right to own one. I intend to purchase one for myself when I am 21 (legal age here in CA) for self-defense purposes. I agree that any a**hole who molests children, rapes women, or inflicts bodily harm on other human beings has no right being protected by our police. I see absolutely no reason why, as Ted says, we shouldn't "blow their brains out".

BTW-Blue, I sincerely hope that wasn't a jab at myself or Kyle and that we haven't resorted to namecalling. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I can't say that I agree that there should be no permits of any kind to own a gun, but I do agree that free men should be allowed the right to own one. I intend to purchase one for myself when I am 21 (legal age here in CA) for self-defense purposes. I agree that any a**hole who molests children, rapes women, or inflicts bodily harm on other human beings has no right being protected by our police. I see absolutely no reason why, as Ted says, we shouldn't "blow their brains out".

BTW-Blue, I sincerely hope that wasn't a jab at myself or Kyle and that we haven't resorted to namecalling. Thanks.
Well I can't say I agree with the permit thingy. I believe people have an unnatural fear of guns. It comes from the media and not knowing much about them.

There are so many things around us that are more dangerous and more likely to kill us. Gasoline for example. No permit is needed for gas, ice pick, black powder, the ingredients to make tri-nitro-toluene, fuel oil and fertilizer, hell a bag full of can sodas and you can beat someone to death. If you get right down to it a nice upward palm to the nose will kill instantly.

So we'd need permits for lots of things, or we could just outlaw hurting each other.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Well I can't say I agree with the permit thingy. I believe people have an unnatural fear of guns. It comes from the media and not knowing much about them.

There are so many things around us that are more dangerous and more likely to kill us. Gasoline for example. No permit is needed for gas, ice pick, black powder, the ingredients to make tri-nitro-toluene, fuel oil and fertilizer, hell a bag full of can sodas and you can beat someone to death. If you get right down to it a nice upward palm to the nose will kill instantly.

So we'd need permits for lots of things, or we could just outlaw hurting each other.
But think of how many crimes have been solved from the ability to trace the owner of a gun? If you are going to be responsible with the gun, I don't see why it would bother you to have a permit to carry it.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
But think of how many crimes have been solved from the ability to trace the owner of a gun? If you are going to be responsible with the gun, I don't see why it would bother you to have a permit to carry it.
There are many other ways to solve crimes. I go back to the ice pick, bag of sodas for example. Hell even a run of a mill kitchen knife.

The only crimes that will be solved by tracking of guns (or ammo) will be people that lost their heads and killed someone. The repeat offenders (like the one's Ted is talking about) know what to do so they are not caught.

They won't be using a gun that is traceable, or at least not easily traceable.

Registration of guns just gives people the warm fuzzy that the government is protecting you, which they are not. They cannot. You must protect yourself, for at least 45 minutes while you wait for the government to arrive.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are many other ways to solve crimes. I go back to the ice pick, bag of sodas for example. Hell even a run of a mill kitchen knife.

The only crimes that will be solved by tracking of guns (or ammo) will be people that lost their heads and killed someone. The repeat offenders (like the one's Ted is talking about) know what to do so they are not caught.

They won't be using a gun that is traceable, or at least not easily traceable.

Registration of guns just gives people the warm fuzzy that the government is protecting you, which they are not. They cannot. You must protect yourself, for at least 45 minutes while you wait for the government to arrive.
:agree:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts