Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I found another Comanche. this one is a short box. ( boxs sides rusted) 4x4 4.0L 5 speed... they are asking 500.oo.. I will take the camera....I bet I can get it for around 250 as they guy just paid 5 for it with a plow and took the plow off... so I am thinking 250 is a Ok buy...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Jake I have to many..

Well I dont know if I will buy it or not. its been hacked and misstreeted...
the floor was redone with tar and tin... the rearend is a d35 that came out of a xj and is all lopsided and off center. Not to mention the added leaf spring that is all sideways in the pack... OH and the bike chain around the springs to hold them togeather...AHHHHHHHHHH I did not know what to say about that... the box is shoot... the tranny will only move the jeep in first. any other gear it just stals out.... the frame is good... the engine purrrrrs for have some 360k kilometers... thats like 200k miles....
he was asking 500 and he talked himself down to 350 but I know he only paid 500 the other day and that was with a plow on it.. so I just kind of said I will let ya know... hahhahahahahha oh well here some pics....

Now the good thing was I talked to the owner of this 91 Mj with 4.5 lift... Nice guy and had a great talk about the jeeps s he put sand all over his drivway as every thing here is Ice Ice Ice....

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
i wouldnt buy it bo.

·
Registered
307 Posts
$150 would be my highest offer.

the rockers are solid and the cab looks decent, the floors would be easy to redo.

the box could have the sides chopped off for that old willy's look with trailer lights in the back, and a 2" lift with front fender trimming and 34x9.50's would work well.

the trans...easy swap.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
$150 would be my highest offer.

the rockers are solid and the cab looks decent, the floors would be easy to redo.

the box could have the sides chopped off for that old willy's look with trailer lights in the back, and a 2" lift with front fender trimming and 34x9.50's would work well.

the trans...easy swap.
I would agree, it would make a decent project truck but there are defiantly others out there for the money.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was thinking about 150. I know it will be there in a week. I bought the 89 of of the guy.
he know nothing aout jeeps he just wanted the plow.
the rockers are all done with poprivets and tin. the int is that great all black.. I like that look. not many around at all.
I have the engine and trany out of the 89 all ready to go into something and the d44 aswell. I am just going to sit on it and email him next week and he will sell it for 100 or 150..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts