Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I have dealt with the following in the past few weeks:

Jeff - XJJeepThing --- GREAT experience!
John - OverlandXJ --- GREAT experience!
Dave - Duke66 --- GREAT experience!

John and Dave bought items from me, and their payments were prompt and accurate.

I bought from Jeff, and I got his items just as he described in a very timely fashion. He was also corteous enough to contact me and let me know that he had a certain conflict that came up and prevented him from shipping the package right away, which I appreciated. None-the-less he shipped the package the next day as promised.

All nice guys!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I bought form afbond03 some tow hooks with brackets and he was a great person to deal with, help me with shipping,, with no hassle. Product was as described, the only bad thing was the no tracking but that was not his fault, that was USPS problem, either way, shipping was surprisingly on time.

I have also bought from Howler and that is an A+++ seller and manufacturer

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well unfortunately, BlaineB decided he would not take up my offer & do the right thing, so I'm left with no other choice but to warn the rest of this forum that he can't be trusted.

I bought a used ARB for a D30 from him. He stated it worked fine when taken out.

From his email:

"It worked when removed yes however what you see is all that we have, the air lines, bearing races and other crap was misplaced or lost when my buddy moved to Indianapolis.

There are some missing components. Exterior the carrier though.

Thanks!"

"I meant that all of the parts missing were exterior of the carrier...like everything is fine inside.

Just tested the compressor the other day too, it pumps."

I sent him the money order knowing that I would have to buy the seal housing, swith, air line which cost ~$200. I paid him $230 for the locker & a used, very old ARB compressor which I didn't want but he wouldnt separate, so I said fine.

I got the parts & the locker was not bolted together & there are many internal gears & parts missing. Those come to a total of $270. Add that to the $200 in exterior parts, plus the $230 I gave him & i'll have over $660 in a used ARB. He thinks that is fine. That's providing these parts are still available. If not, I'm out $230.

I sent him PDF files showing what was missing. I asked him to check to make sure they weren't on the bench. No response to that, so that tells me he knew something was up. He keeps claiming that it was his friends locker.

I have offered to pay to ship it back on my dime if he'd take it back, but he just says the deal is final. Pretty rotten of him in my book.

So be forewarned, don't deal with him.

Thanks for reading.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Is my response to the above going to be featured here or only in the general forum where I replied? I'm confused why there are multiple posts (at least 3) about the same thing....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Picked up the Warn diff guards from _StationWagon_. Showed up yesterday and they are exactly as described. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Likewise Carl ... outstanding transaction!

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Thanks JakeWI, fast payment from you as well. Glad you got it and can use it.
2000xj Great Experience buying and selling.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
3 Weeks Ago
06-08-2009 10:16 AMjeepster2414: Hey
I am in MA. I can try and ship to you but I don't think it's going to be worth it. I think it might cost some extra $$ to CA.

I am taking it that this person realy did not want to sell the item that I was asking him about seeings how he has not got back to me in 3 weeks...
Oh well I order a new one for the guy that wanted the sellers item..

·
Registered
250 Posts
i bought suspension from rough country and they were more than happy to help me with customs stuff and all the questions under the sun i had about the kit..highly reccomend them

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im new here and have not yet had any transaction but im sure i will. Best thing i can tell you guys is ALWAYS use paypal. If the buyer wont take it then find another one. With paypal you can dispute any purchase. If it's not as the seller said it would be, paypal will freeze the payment and work with both sides to resolve the problem. With a money order there is really nothing you can do. Unless the seller is local enough ;-)

·
Banned
50 Posts
Wanted to come back and reply to zr2toxj's post,

Just came back here to mention, in July we re-sold this same locker. We found quite a few more pieces including the wiring, switches, solenoids, and the dreaded 1 missing spider gear.

Happy customer. The air compressor worked perfectly too! As described by "zr2toxj" as it being a weak and old pump, that is not true. If testing with a low amperage device such as a battery charger I can see how you would assume that it was a weak pump. However testing with a regular car battery proved that this pump was very strong.

So.....there's what happened out of this huge ordeal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts