Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAY DAY!!!!! Bought a clearance tire for a spare $30 31" tire.

busy as hell, worked 9 hours, no chance to take a break, co-worker grabbed me lunch while he was out. he got back at 4, i get off at 5, didnt get to touch my food till 4:30.

on the bright side, last minute phone shopper had a 2001 Cherokee, looking for tires, i helped him out and we chatted about our jeeps and i turned him on to this forum.

but.....................

Bought my upper radiator hose, installed it,

guess what? leak is from right where the hose meets the radiator

so i need a radiator, i am going to take the hose back off and try and jb weld it, it shouldnt be that big, should hold till i get the chance to change it out.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hey at least you get parts for cost right :D:D

i was looking at thoes dakota MT's and the guy at pepboys told me like $700 before the rebate for the free tire, the tire is like $117 each so were does he get $700 from what do you people add in on estiments?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey at least you get parts for cost right :D:D

i was looking at thoes dakota MT's and the guy at pepboys told me like $700 before the rebate for the free tire, the tire is like $117 each so were does he get $700 from what do you people add in on estiments?
sales tax, each state adds on tire tax, mouting and balancing is $10 a wheel, road hazard (the rebate is void with out road hazard) shop fee (like 6-10 bucks) and tire disposal fee.

every shop has the taxes and disposal fees.
I dont get parts for cost, %20 off, not including oil, gotta use military discount for that. sucks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I dont get parts for cost, %20 off, not including oil, gotta use military discount for that. sucks

i guess i shouldnt assume............i get them for cost at the dealership i work for so i figured you would, still 20% off ant bad :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You may remember the post.... radiatorbarn.com 3 core. $170 I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts