Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Good nj jeep club?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alexciocan 
#1 ·
Im looking to join a jeep club that i can participate in. i live in 08050 (near Long Beach Island, nj) and can never find people to go wheeling with:thumbdown:
I love taking trips down to wharton and anywhere within about an hour drive, farther for a overnight trip, and was wondering if anyone knows of any? Online i have found 2, these being North Jersey Jeep Clup and New Jersey Jeep Assosiation. Anyone a member? and if so how often are there wheeling trips near me? Any input is welcome, just trying to hook up with some fellow wheeliers here! :hi:

#6 · (Edited)
You could also find out wit lyon, he is located in ocean county. Ur in manahawkin, small world I usually visit my aunt who's in barneget. I know there njja, njjc n I'm tryin to get into grass roots jeep club n I seen them in central n south jersey.

#8 ·
Sorry for the late reply ...

Since I got into the sport some years back, the NJJC and the NJJA were pretty Mich the only clubs in NJ. Now there are half a dozen that I can think of.

Ill be honest, if you're down by LBJ, the NJJC is probably not the beat club for ya to be extremely active with. I'll be the first to welcome you to it, but our meetings are about 1.5-2 hours away from ya in East Hanover (07936). We typically offer two rides per month, one at Rausch that gives everyone in the club at all levels to wheel, and a secondary ride which is typically either I have private property (we are a fully insured club and and 501-3(c) NPO ) . We have access to private property property (obviously with consent!) in NY, NJ, PA, VA, and CT. The rides at private property typically have land-owner set requirements that limit which members can attend (for example: min. 1 locker, 33" MT's or better, and roll cage). This is why we offer a monthly ride at Rausch too, so everyone has a chance to play.

I sat once the board of the club for two years somewhat recently and I have ti say that it is probably one of the most active clubs in the northeast. Aside from monthly rides we have a Toys for Tots event, we participate in the Rausch Creek Club Comp, we have Wheeling 101 classes, we participate in parades, etc etc. We are a VERY family oriented club and too.

Other NJ clubs:
- NJJA (more of a central/south jersey club)
- Grass Roots Jeep Club
- Jersey Shore Jeep Club

I know there are more but can't remember them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.