Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting back from grocery shopping.

While i was there, these caught my eye!
Walmart.com: Tires

Any thoughts???
:whistling:

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
link no worky

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I saw them at the local wally world, they look pretty good in person

·
Registered
575 Posts
looked at some before i got the tires i have... was going to get them but wal mart would not put a bigger tire on my S10 blazer. they will only out stick size back on. my blazer is lifted so a 225/75 would have looked retarded! .. i hate wal mart.... i could of just paid for them and left but i eneded up with a better deal...... i wont walk in another wal mart ever again. they have 100 casher regs. any maybe 10 open.. and check out lines that are 10 to 20 min wait each.. errr... sorry.. yea not a bad looking tire. price wasnt to bad.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
is there anywhere else these tires are available?

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think they're sold exclusively at Walmart?

$135 for 31-10.50X15's
:dunno:

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
link worked for me... not too shabby, i'd like to see them in action before pulling the trigger. Also, I had the same problem with WalMart not wanting to put anything other than stock size b ack on my XJ- so i borrowed my buddy's manual mounting tool, mounted my tires with plastic BB balancers, aired them up and mounted them, all while parked right in front of their service bay door.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Had the same problem with Wally World so I said forget it, the guy was a real jerk. I told him he would have at least sold 4 tires but his attitude cost him the sell. The store manager, I talked to, wasn't very pleased either. HAHAHA

I'm going to go back and buy them sometime, unless I find a better deal soon.

·
Registered
575 Posts
let me know how they do. i need to get some tires for my dodge.. maybe the jeep

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't know if i'm getting a set yet,

might just hold out for KM2's...
:unsure:

·
Registered
575 Posts
yea i want some km2's....just for the jeep tho

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking at those at the local wally world and they do look really nice.

On a side not for the people who had an issue with getting larger tires at Walmart - do like I did a few years back when I had the TJ. I ordered online and had them shipped to the local Walmart. Once they had the tires they called me to let me know they were there and I drove in and they mounted them. They made a comment about how big the tires were (31's) but they mounted with no issue. Being the tires are paid for online it's not like they can reject at that point unless they want to refund your money and get stuck with 4 tires.

·
Registered
488 Posts
well its a liability to the tech as in he gets fired, and a liability to the store..i work in the tire department and the only complain i get is that their loud after about a 1000 miles..

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's basically what the guy at Wal-Mart said also... Order them and they would mount.

Loud after 1,000 miles, huh? Might have to get a set, can't stand the sound of my stereo!

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I used to work at wal-mart and know their system pretty well.

Buy the tires there.
Park your jeep in their parking lot.
Remove one wheel and bring to tire guy for new tire.
Remount everything yourself and GO!

You have to give them the wheels OFF the vehicle for them to install oversized tires. They will not touch it otherwise, unless they aren't following policy.

I've done this numerous times. I even had them mount and TRY TO balance my LTB's. Those guys never see these kind of tires so they group up around it staring at the tire like it's a big chunk of gold. :rofl:

If you want a good all around tire, try the goodyear duratracs. It's a mixture of a MT and AT.

·
Registered
575 Posts
that tire looks alot better. my brother got a set or 32's for his S10 blazer. (my old 98 blazer, its lifted with a locker. i kinda miss having it haha) ill have to take it out and see how they do

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
i have the authoritys on my f-150 and i love them i dont realy here them either inless the window is down there good on the road and awesome off-road i havent had any trouble

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I noticed something about walmart.com. Their prices are HIGH!

They have duratracs listed for $265 each in the 285/75/16 flavor (33's). I've been researching them lately and they go for around $180 everywhere else. '

Low Prices Guarantee? Yeah right......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts