Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this event. I have never been to this but it looks like a fun time. I am planning to attend it this year. Would be great to have a bunch of Jeepers from this forum meet up.
http://www.jeeprally.org/

·
Registered
6,584 Posts

Took me a minute to figure out where this rally is. Nowhere on their site does it clearly say anything like "Connecticut based Jeep Rally" or "Largest Rally in New England". Coulda been in Texas for all I knew...:hi:

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
I had the same trouble. I just figured if it had anything to do with Quadratec that it was somewhere on the east coast

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
I clicked on the "directions" link, found it pretty quick, but it is 8 hours from me. sooo uh yeah no. Bantam is only 2 hours form me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I clicked on the "directions" link, found it pretty quick, but it is 8 hours from me. sooo uh yeah no. Bantam is only 2 hours form me. :thumbsup:
Yeah, Bantam also has free room and board for the Gluckmister too!:really::rock::bannana::badgerslayer::beerchug::thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Yeah, Bantam also has free room and board for the Gluckmister too!:really::rock::bannana::badgerslayer::beerchug::thumbsup:
That it does, and the accommodations are most excellent! :bow::bow::boozer::32:

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
It's the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival.

Held every year in Butler, PA. WJLizard, XJSuperman and myself have all been there. Butler, PA is the birthplace of the Jeep. So they celebrate it every year with a weekend festival and a parade through butler. We were all part of a Guinness World Record parade during the 75th anniversary a couple years ago. over 2400 jeeps. It was awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,027 Posts
Give the guy a break Gluck. If you are old school, you know that Jeeps started life as Bantam prototypes. Very rare now. Willys and Ford got the contract to build the MB/GPW we all know and love

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
I wasn't being hard on him. We like to rib around here every now and then. I know lots of folks don't know about Bantam. That's why I dropped a link. ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No foul. That's cool Hopefully I can come to it. Lets blow that ****er up!!!!! Oh um lets have fun. :)

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Bantam is huge. Some of these big jeep events are growing to unmanageable sizes and the only problems are the lines and wait times.

The Iowa jeep show isn't that big yet (300+ jeeps) but I'm guessing your rally is close to that. Really a good size to keep everyone entertained and happy.

If it wasn't in the far corner of the country id try and go.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will go to the Connecticut rally this year. I will let people know how it is. People can stay at my house if they want to.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi the Great American Jeep Rally is September 15th. In Ellington Connecticut. I will be attending this will be my first time. Just wanted to let people know/remind people about it.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Hi the Great American Jeep Rally is September 15th. In Ellington Connecticut. I will be attending this will be my first time. Just wanted to let people know/remind people about it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
I’ll be running it. Look for the baby 9er and some crazy dude in a Miller Motorsports hat driving a golf cart around

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok i will be wearing a shirt with the American flag on it. It will say.
"If this flag offends you I will help you pack."
Mark is my name see you tomorrow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are some pictures of the rally. It was fun lots fun jeeps im guessing. 1200 - 1500

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts