Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should post this in here since mine won't be stock for long. I picked up a 5.5" RE HD lift, front Warn bumper, rock sliders, homebuilt rear w/tire carrier and bolt on wheel hoops for a cool $900. The bumpers and hoops need to cleaned up and painted...but still a good deal. Hell the lift itself is $1500 new.
Only pics are of the pieces still on his rig..but I am excited!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was going to hook me up with the exo, but the weight would probably be too much for the little 2.5

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out that the parts heep has under 125k...plus it was owned by a female(no offence!!) And I do have factory 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That Jeep has been put on it's lid...poor thing. But it does have a decent list of upgrades: (This is from his for sale ad on my local board)

1987 XJ Been rolled, not pretty, heater works great!
4.3 Vortec with lots of power.
Poly urethane mounts
105 amp alternator

Custom built 4l60e with all the goodies. Trans is awesome.
233 Chevy tcase with JB Conversions SYE kit (will include a GM 231 so you can have a shifter if you want)

5.5" RE HD lift kit. Has drop brackets, controls arms, springs, shackles, track bar, Track bar bracket. This is an awesome kit that has worked extremely well.

TJ front axle, 4.56 gears, OX locker, Chromo inners, D44 outers, GM 6 lug 1500 unit bearings, D44 dodge outers

Isuzu Trooper rear axle, 4.56 gears, disc brakes, welded. This axle is massive! Includes 2" wheel spacers with GM bolt pattern.

Warn rock crawler front bumper. This thing is BEEF!

Custom rear bumper with tire carrier. Takes a good beating as well.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't buy the whole thing, just the suspension, bumpers and sliders. I had thought about buying it, but funds won't allow that.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
great find Carl, looking foward to seen them parts in your XJ

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me too!! He is going to start stripping his XJ this weekend. I am going to have to wait a little while before I install though, still working on the month long engine swap...:(

·
Registered
872 Posts
What do they want for the whole rig??

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, he figured he wasn't going to get what he wanted as a whole. So he started parting it.

I am going to start a build-up thread when I get the 85 back in the garage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts