Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Brian and I just bought my first Jeep, 2000 Cherokee Sport.

I have a 99 Durango SLT Plus but I have always wanted a Cherokee Sport. I'm aiming to learn a ton from the pros on this site and making some friends would be cool too!

Shout out if you are from Iowa :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Welcome to the forum CA

Reactions: Brian Collins

·
Super Moderator
10,415 Posts
Welcome from south of Pittsburgh PA! Lots of good info on here. Post up some pics!

·
Super Moderator
10,415 Posts

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Hi, Im late, but Im the resident Iowan here these days. Im near Ames, you? Lets see some Jeep pics, then I'll get to the skinny on the local clubs and spots and such.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm close to the Washington area and my Jeep is the Avatar you see.
I will try to get more pictures loaded into my profile if I have time tonight.
Thanks, Brian.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Oh shoot, you're way out east. Look into the Cedar Valley Jeep club. They're good people. If you want to make a trip to Cambridge, IA in late September, the Iowa Jeep Club hosts a jeep show for a weekend. All info on both is available on Facebook (which I don't have), but there are websites too I think.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome thanks! I don't do any social media so I'll just go through their website.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys this just happened on my way to lunch, the gauges did its normal pinning the temp and drop in oil pressure but now while running the air at a spotlight, the air started blowing hot and stayed hot till the temp dropped back to 215🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
10,415 Posts
Hey guys this just happened on my way to lunch, the gauges did its normal pinning the temp and drop in oil pressure but now while running the air at a spotlight, the air started blowing hot and stayed hot till the temp dropped back to 215🤦‍♂️
Remove your gauge cluster and unplug and replug in your electrical connector.
With the A/C, you need to determine if the compressor clutch is engaged or the problem is the blend door. I'm pretty sure the blend door is vacuum controlled, so check the vacuum line that goes through the firewall, then tend to get old and crack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the tip, the a/c seems to be fine now, it only did it that one time. I removed the gauge assembly and it was really clean.

I used canned air to lightly blow off any dust then I replaced it. The gauges still go berserk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I've been doing that alittle at a time during my free time. The Jeep is super clean for being 20yrs old and for being in salt soaked Iowa.

So far everything appears to be corrosion free and tight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts