·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have ya ever seen an XJ in a movie and started cheering for the lil 4x4

I just saw suicide squad (2020)
the bad guy destroyed an XJ ...I found myself hating him more

another movie I saw the hero was using an XJ to outrun a volcano
I was rooting for the jeep to survive .... It didn't.

but the one of the most famous...

tom hanks (Chuck Noland) in Cast Away has a 97 or later jeep XJ but that movie started in 95
Weird .... tom hanks has a time traveling XJ
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Oh and goonies the first scene
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

that one is even more famous

what did I forget.... well I am sure yall will tell me

·
Premium Member
10,527 Posts
Several in XXX. All survive I believe

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never noticed any in the ones I have watched
Of course I wasn't looking at cars and I only watch them for 10 to 15 minutes ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never noticed if the jeeps are xj's but I do notice in a lot of tv shows that the bad guy has a jeep, is chasing someone in a jeep or the car that gets shot up or wrecked is a jeep. When I'm watching a show with another person I'm always saying 'of course it's a jeep' or 'why is it always a jeep?'....even if it's a newer jeep. What does Hollywood have against jeeps or is it a statement that badasses and bad guys drive jeeps? I think the last show that I watched where it seemed that way was The Blacklist. Did anyone else notice an inordinate amount of jeeps in that show?

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Heres a couple links to older threads. One of them is pretty thorough. I'm still seeing them getting wrecked in new tv shows it seems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I remember in 2012 the male protagonist drove a blue XJ. Pretty sure it went down with the whole of Cali in that movie.

·
Premium Member
10,527 Posts
Harry Bosch in all episodes of Bosch, an Amazon production drives one. Never wrecked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts