Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find brighter bulbs for my headlights on my '99 XJ? also does anyone know the part # for the bulbs. The halogens I have a very dim and the brights are dimmer than most vehicles low beams. I replaced the whole assembly but they are still pretty dim. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a good sylvania headlamp assembly, I know the xenons aren't legal for on road but that doesn'bt matter to me much. Do they have the dim and bright light a normal bulb in the XJs?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have a good sylvania headlamp assembly, I know the xenons aren't legal for on road but that doesn'bt matter to me much. Do they have the dim and bright light a normal bulb in the XJs?
I think 60/55 is the normal, so 110/90 would be well above. I think on that site I saw some 100/55 so you'd have normal driving brightness then STERILIZE for brights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds good. Thanks a ton. I appreciate it a lot. I tried the silverstars a while ago and they are brighter, but the ones i had in my fog lamps exploded, and one of my friends has a ranger had the same thing happened to him in his headlamp.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking i'm going to go with the 130/90. Some of the newer vehicles have some pretty bright regular beams so I don;t think 90 will over do it.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'm thinking i'm going to go with the 130/90. Some of the newer vehicles have some pretty bright regular beams so I don;t think 90 will over do it.
Yeah, screw um! "I think we've had this discussion before..." If I'm going to get blinded by those blue headlights, well I need something to illuminate the road better so I can see where the hell I'm going.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah, screw um! "I think we've had this discussion before..." If I'm going to get blinded by those blue headlights, well I need something to illuminate the road better so I can see where the hell I'm going.
Very true. I just got back from Seattle and got caught in that snow storm and was getting quite pissed at the on-comming cars with those blue lights. :devil:

And it probably doesn't help that mine need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha. I got the white ones. They are brighter without the tint. = ) Looking at the bulb I don't think we need the conversion for out XJ. It looks like it will plug right in so I'll let you guys know. I just ordered the bulbs for now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to let anyone who wanted to know know this...If you order the headlights bulbs you'll also need the conversion headlamp because the stock headlamp is a sealed beam. I forgot about this myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are 130/90 bulbs so they are bright as hell. And the silverstars are junk, I have a friend who put them in his truck, they always end up exploding. The bulbs were never touched or anything, they are junkers for sure. lol

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
With stock wiring I would go with the sylvania silverstars they are pretty much the brightest as far as stock wiring goes.

You can find them an any major parts store.
you can use the stock wiring, but use it as the control voltage to a relay. Just use heavy wire between the bulbs relay and battery. Should be a pretty simple setup. Big wire and big relay...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts