Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
I posting up the wiring diagram in a minute. 96-97 was a change over year, so the wiring
may be there already.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Here is the wiring for the 97 mirrors.
I'm guessing unless you already have power options in the door, there won't be any wiring for the mirrors.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
It's 50/50. But the wiring diagrams for both years are the same.

BTW :32: Thank you for your Service!

·
Yup, just me.
1,924 Posts
Just gonna toss this in there maybe good ol Gluck can help/answer. (01 sport power everything) When my rear glass broke and I replaced the glass with plexi I cut the wire harness on the hatch. Did not think anything of it since the licence light still worked (only thing I need at that point). Flash forward and this winter my heated mirrors would not work until I fixed the wiring.

So, question is can the rear portion of the wiring be eliminated and still work the mirrors?

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Tim, as far as I can tell the wiring can be eliminated at one of the connectors for the rear defogger and the rest should work normally. I can't see anything in the wiring that is load dependent. The timer keeps the relay on and sending power. In the diagram, connectors 310 and 312 (C310 and C312 on the diagram) are at the lift gate. Connector 326 is at the left rear quarter panel, behind the spare tire. unplugging any one of these should eliminate the wiring for the defogger, yet let the mirrors work normal. Just make sure the fuses are good, :thumbsup: Any problems, let me know. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
here is the wiring for the lights, Connector 326 is for these also, so you can't unplug that one...

Attachments

·
Yup, just me.
1,924 Posts
Good to know. I recon my wires must have had a small short canceling out the mirrors?

It just so happens that all my interior side pieces are off so i may just do a sperament.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wanted to know what I’d need to make a 97’ xj se to make heated mirrors work? I found some off a limited at the junk yard I’d like to swap and use with stock Defrost switch.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Does the Jeep have power mirrors?
I am under the impression that it is a plug and play thing.
Couple things make me wonder. First you have an SE so I wonder if that matters.
Also '97 being a body style transition year I am under the impression that some could have the old, '96 and down type interior, and others have the newer one.
Wondering if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
You wire them into your rear defroster switch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts