Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought a used 1998 Cherokee. It will be used as a second vehicle at my weekend home. One of the intended uses is carrying me to the surf to go fishing. I am getting tired of lugging all of that fishing gear over the sand dunes and my grandkids refuse to carry much.

I like to fish. ride and work on motorcycles and now on a Jeep.

I am retired from the computer industry and was a programmer before most people knew what computers were. I now teach Microsoft user skills at a NYC high school.

I don't know much about Jeeps and have a few problems to fix up. The vehicle I bought has 139k miles but it was a one owner car.

I have a problem with the power window on the drivers door does not go all the way up or down without assistance. It chatters but will go up or down with manual assistance.

The power locks also don't work. I have not yet checked the fuses but I am hoping that this is the problem with the locks.

The truck is also missing the head liner, no real explanation about that from the owner other than it was ripped so he took it out.

Rust spots at the behind the rails of the roof rack and the bottom of the passenger side front door.

It also has a repleacement radio.
Other than those items the truck seems like it is in pretty good shape.
I have been a jet mechanic compliments of our Uncle Sam and consider myself a pretty fair mechanic. I have access to the shop at school and the automotive instructor usually welcomes the opportunity to have students work on different vehicles. Hopefully this will be one of them.

Any suggestions as to things to fix or watch out for would be greatly appreciated.

Be talking to you soon.

Mister M

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts