Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here to the jeep world. I actually do not even own one, but am sort of thinking of buying one. It is a 98 Limited Grand with the 5.2 and has AWD. It has 59,000 original miles and has only a blem on the outside of the drivers seat (leather cracking) and a problem of which I am not sure. It feels extremely weird when I make a U turn and not-so-normal on ordinary ciy streets. Kind of like the AWD is wanting to pull it and push it at the same time and think that I am just not used to this. I have always owned trucks and only used 4X4 when needed, usually in mud and sand. Thought I would get on here and see what I can find on these. I think that the viscoupler may be bad....maybe change to a manual transfer case.....The owner is offering to sell to me for somewhere around 5K, but I feel that is too steep. Anyway...the search is on....

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome! Hey your welcome even if you don't buy the grand. Who knows you might find a good Cherokee (non-grand) later. ;)

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Welcome to CT!

Could it be possible that one of the CV's is shot on either side of the front axle? Did you check to make sure that all tires were of the same size?

Swapping to an NP231 is definately do-able in order to get away from the NP249 I believe.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to CT from Ohio...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Perth Western Australia

Rob
Proud member of the She'll Be Right Gang

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought this was a limited, but now am not sure???? It is a 98' Grand Cherokee TSI with a 5.2 and an AT. Would this be considered a limited? Also, is this an XJ, ZJ, WJ, or something else? Thanks.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome to CT from PR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts