Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. Have 96 & 98 2WD 4.0 XJs, both 2nd hand, and I'm becoming familiar with their maintenance and quirks. Will be asking some questions posty-hasty.

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Howdy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just joined. Have 96 & 98 2WD 4.0 XJs, both 2nd hand, and I'm becoming familiar with their maintenance and quirks. Will be asking some questions posty-hasty.
Hi there!! My name is Joannie but my screen name is Jiger. As in Tony the Tiger with a J. Joannie the Jiger. Jiger the Tiger. I own a 95 Grand Cherokee that belonged to a dearly departed friend of mine who left us way too soon. So the Jeep is so much more to me then just a ride. She will stay with me for the duration.
Unfortunately, I am not very mechanically inclined but I AM learning the ins and outs of it all as I go along.
I'm really glad I stumbled upon this website yesterday! It sure came at the right time!! 🐾

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Welcome Joannie. My sister's name was Joan. But she was not nearly as fun as you sound. Congrats on the Jeep. We will be glad to help you out. I don't know where you are but I have a GC (your first lesson is it is a ZJ) that has some parts you might want for the time being

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm from Washington State. I have to change the air filter and replace the oil pan gasket because she was blowing out oil. She runs a little rough but I just got an oil change so that might help.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Cherokee= XJ
GrandCherokee= ZJ

Howdy from Iowa

·
Super Moderator
10,617 Posts
Hello west coast. Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.
Lots of good people on here and a plethora of information. 👋

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Well Hi Jiger, former Oregonian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello west coast. Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.
Lots of good people on here and a plethora of information. 👋
I'm happy to hear that!! I know just about nothing when it comes to mechanical stuff. I just like to drive. My Jeep has some issues that I need help with so I believe I'm at the right spot. 🐾

1 - 18 of 18 Posts