Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue opening 3 out of 4 doors on my Jeep Cherokee Limited 2014 and would be very grateful if somebody could help.

Basically the keyless fob is working, but only one of the doors is unlocking and the other three remain locked, so we're having to climb into the front from the back! And when we're in the front, the manual switch on the handle can be set to unlock but the doors still won't budge. My partner says this happened before and the problem just righted itself after an hour apparently.

Really hoping there's a quick fix...

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
I would suggest that the grease in the door lock mechanism is getting dry and stiff. Grease is actually a blend of lubricants. The easy thing to do is get some penetrating oil or other liquid lubricant and squirt it into the mechanism. Just fixed my wife's Explorer door that way recently

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest that the grease in the door lock mechanism is getting dry and stiff. Grease is actually a blend of lubricants. The easy thing to do is get some penetrating oil or other liquid lubricant and squirt it into the mechanism. Just fixed my wife's Explorer door that way recently
Thanks I’ll give that a go, but can’t get the doors open yet to do it! 3 are locked shut and won’t listen to the fob but one door will

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
Is there by any chance a child lockout switch on the driver door?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there by any chance a child lockout switch on the driver door?
Not that I can see, the only type of child lock switch on the vehicle is on the thin/hidden part of the rear doors that you turn with a flat screwdriver to activate.

I feel like some kind of hidden safety or anti theft mechanism has been activated and I can’t disengage

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
Hence my question. Good luck

·
Premium Member
10,434 Posts
Good to know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts