Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what im working with. I bought the jeep already lifted and tires.
I have since installed the snorkle, a new 4.0, fender flares, cb, roof rack, and a rustys steering brace. Not sure on the lift 4.5"-5.5" or brand. Tires are 33x13.5x15. Would like to keep tires and rims for an extra set.

I get to spend around $1,000 just on my jeep. This is where I need your guys help. It does not go very far but i need to stretch it as far as possible.
This is a list of thing that I need.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tires- Super Swamper TSL, TSL Radial, LTB. 33''x12.5x15 or 33"x13.5x15

Shocks- What do you stand by? Would like a resivor shock.

Steering stabilizer-

Front and rear drive shafts-

Gears-

Front or rear lockers-

Axle shafts-

Winch-

Upper and or lower control arms-

Revolver shackles-

Being a noob I do not know where to start. :bow:

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
what kind of wheeling do you generally do? all the stuff you have listed seem like great things.

in the list i would go tires, lockers, or a new thing-sway bar disconnects. also cant tell if there are diff. guards or hardcore covers like Solid, rockcrusher, riddler, ect. but those are definitely on the top of a list of armor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i made my sliders, both bumpers, AND my rack for less than 150 bucks.. and if i were to respend my money i would have bought gears, and a front locker FIRST.. thats about a grand if ya spend it in the right places

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of wheeling do you generally do? all the stuff you have listed seem like great things.

in the list i would go tires, lockers, or a new thing-sway bar disconnects. also cant tell if there are diff. guards or hardcore covers like Solid, rockcrusher, riddler, ect. but those are definitely on the top of a list of armor.
I would like to be prepared for any situation, rocks, trails, mud.
This is not my DD so quick disconects are not a priority, the cheap ones that came with the lift works ok whenever I take the time to hook them up.
Diff. guards is a good idea. Any particular quality diff. at a discount price?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i made my sliders, both bumpers, AND my rack for less than 150 bucks.. and if i were to respend my money i would have bought gears, and a front locker FIRST.. thats about a grand if ya spend it in the right places

What brand gears and locker?
Also what gear ratio would be best to run?

I want a locker that is little to no maintence.
Detroit tru track for $393.99
and Powertrax no slip track sys. for $439.99

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Why not get a HD diff cover rather then a diff guard?
i like the idea of covers instead. that way the whole cover is a guard instead of just a portion of the cover being guarded.

as far as covers: solid are good and were on sale through their site last i knew. rockcrusher are sweet. thats what i have. i heard a lot about riddler covers.

otherwise you def. need some nicer offroad tires instead of those roadies.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
IMO I would go with whatever gears they use at the place you are going to get them installed at so that if a problem occurs they cant say that its not their problem because its not their parts. That is unless you are going to do it yourself.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
did you have metal sitting around? haha or did you make it out of wood?

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts

$80

$80
+$40 for seals
I cant find prices on this but this has me sold...
the ones in the picture are the rockcrusher. i have those. i think quadratec sells them otherwise i know they are around. you dont really need the seals, just throw on the RTV. otherwise those are great prices for the solid's. they were cheaper but $80 is still good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
What brand gears and locker?
Also what gear ratio would be best to run?

I want a locker that is little to no maintence.
Detroit tru track for $393.99
and Powertrax no slip track sys. for $439.99
For the front.. ok ok heres my master "I WONDER IF THIS WOULD WORK" plan.. I have heard of people taking the vac disengaging D30, Welding the spiders to make a "Lincoln Locker" gutting the vac system and using a cable to engage it.. poor mans OX locker really..

However, if you know anything about umm.. well lets say jeeps just for fun.. when you turn one wheel spins faster than the other, so welding up your spiders is just going to break somethin.. I THINK.. that if you ran Detroit's locker, not sure of its name but its the one Nascar uses, the one that puts the power to the slowest turning wheel and allows the other to ratchet for lack of words.. yeah that one.. Run that locker and find a more possitive way to engage/disengage that sleeve and you'll be a lot more road friendly locked, much much cheaper than a $900 OX, and its a ton more reliable. Because OX lockers are always coming out of adjustment and ARB's if you loose air pressure your completely open PLUS the air bladders inside the carrier are constantly needing to be rebuilt...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts