Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, my dad is in the business of buying a new SUV, he now has a 2002 Ford Explorer and he needs an other SUV that has at least 6ft of cargo area with rear seats folded down, he like the new explorer but I will like for him go stay away from Ford or GM, but If he want the Explorer its ok with me too,

I want to find him good options so help me out on a list

1) 2009 Ford Explorer
2) 2009 Nissan Pathfinder
3) 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) 2009 Jeep Liberty
5) 2009 Subaru Forester

IDK what else, I want it to be between that price range too, so let me know what can I show him, thanx :thumbsup:

I will like a Subaru Forester, 2.5L Turbocharge 224HP

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The only SUV I would have is a XJ. Otherwise I'd have a truck. If I wanted the bed covered I'd put one of those fiberglass covers on it. If I need to carrire more than 3 people I'd get an extended cab.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but he wants a NEW SUV, as in Brand new, you cant find no brand new XJ ... and he does not want a pick up, he wants an SUV with enough cargo space for our work

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
A new Dodge Durango would be nice and right now they have a lifetime drivetrain warrenty on them and my uncle has one, they have plenty of room, are comfertable and don't do to terriblely bad on milage

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Jeep Commander. It has plenty of storage space. It is a SUV and it is a JEEP ;) Who cares if it's IFS, it's definately better than all the other options and it does have a v-8 ;) To top it off, it looks like a cherokee :rock:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Jeep Commander. It has plenty of storage space. It is a SUV and it is a JEEP ;) Who cares if it's IFS, it's definately better than all the other options and it does have a v-8 ;) To top it off, it looks like a cherokee :rock:
A friend of mine has a Commander ... I don't care for the look of them (sorry, it does NOT look like an XJ!), but it does have good cargo space when the seats are folded. Remember, though, there's 3 rows of seats, and the floor isn't flat when they're folded. Plus you'll lose a few inches vertically. I have a Durango. Loads of room, great cargo area and the power to haul the XJ on wheeling trips -5.9L FTW! :D. Get the years up to 2003 though ... the new Durangos are butt ugly!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Just have him get the commander and be done with it plenty of cargo space with the seat folded down. Got the cargo space and still a very capable off-road vehicle :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would go for the Explorer....there is a lot of room with the seats folded. And it flat front to rear with them down, this coming from a Ford guy though.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
A friend of mine has a Commander ... I don't care for the look of them (sorry, it does NOT look like an XJ!), but it does have good cargo space when the seats are folded. Remember, though, there's 3 rows of seats, and the floor isn't flat when they're folded. Plus you'll lose a few inches vertically. I have a Durango. Loads of room, great cargo area and the power to haul the XJ on wheeling trips -5.9L FTW! :D. Get the years up to 2003 though ... the new Durangos are butt ugly!
How can you say it doesn't look like a cherokee? It's boxy like the xj, has 4 doors like the xj, windows similar to the xj, and wheelbase is probably the same or close to. The front end is a bit difference but overall it's pretty much the xj's brother in law.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How can you say it doesn't look like a cherokee? It's boxy like the xj, has 4 doors like the xj, windows similar to the xj, and wheelbase is probably the same or close to. The front end is a bit difference but overall it's pretty much the xj's brother in law.
Brother-in-law maybe, brother, no. It's boxy like the XJ, but that's where the resemblance ends (might as well say the boxy old Isuzu Rodeo looks like the Cherokee). I have the opportunity to look at them right next to each other every day. The Commander has these large double headlights, the overall lighting arrangement is completely different, the side panels are higher, the roof is graduated, it has angled approach and departure, different bumpers, it's several inches higher and longer with a wheelbase at least 8" longer. My XJ is lifted about 5" and it's about the same height as the Commander. The Commander appears snub-nosed, round fog lights built into the bumper, round gas filler opening, windshield angled forwards while the XJ's is angled back, hood & fenders on different levels. The XJ's hood is level with the fenders ... I could go on, but I'd better stop now.

Oh ... the flares do kinda look alike on both ... :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
dont get the x-ploder unless you like replacing the rear wheel berings every 5000 miles i keep about 4 sets on the shelf at work about 2 trucks a day buy them

i guss if its bran new it would be warenty though

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, my dad is really liking the new Explorer

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, he now like the new Ford Edge, so he wants me to find him more info... do you guys know anything?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts