Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Kat. I just got a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, was running good excepr for two things i replaced the ignition coil and the O2 sensor, spark plugs and wires. Now it turns over but want crank. Can someone please help me.

·
Super Moderator
10,282 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.

1st, what engine do you have?

Is it throwing any codes? Recheck all your connections, look for corrosion on the connectors and or loose or broken wires. Make sure your plug wires are in the proper order.

Pull the battery cables off, touch the cable ends together for about 30 seconds, then reattach to the battery. This resets the ECM( Engine Control Module) memory to factory default. sometimes this is necessary when changing sensors to let the computer "relearn" the sensor limits.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.

1st, what engine do you have?

Is it throwing any codes? Recheck all your connections, look for corrosion on the connectors and or loose or broken wires. Make sure your plug wires are in the proper order.

Pull the battery cables off, touch the cable ends together for about 30 seconds, then reattach to the battery. This resets the ECM( Engine Control Module) memory to factory default. sometimes this is necessary when changing sensors to let the computer "relearn" the sensor limits.
x2 ^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts