Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 01 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 I’ve owned it for about 3 months now it always felt like it had a misfire but no codes I figured it just needed a tune up but then about a month ago started getting random misfire codes For cylinder 235 and I’ll reset it and sometimes it’ll change to cylinders 236 and I’ve changed plugs the coil pack the o2 sensor map sensor and cleaned the iac valve and got the cat cut off and new muffler and air filter still getting codes and also getting codes for large evap leak any ideas what it could be or anyone have similar issue

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
The 01s have trouble with heat soak in the fuel rail. Do you get the misfires on start up and then they go away?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it’s normally after I get up to highway speeds 45 and above or unless I put it to the floor then it’ll do it but driving around town the cel won’t flash

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
OK, next question, how long since your O2 sensors were replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it took a while to reply but I did some work on it yesterday and found that 4 Out of
6 of the injectors were swelled and cracked from the heat but replaced them and the random misfire hasn’t came back yet I’ll update in a few weeks to see if it comes back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it’s starting doing it again but now misfires only on cylinder 2 and 5 has good compression in both cylinders check fuel pressure it’s good I think the motors been swapped has new o2 sensor but has aftermarket header so there’s only one o2 sensor any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
Check the wiring that goes between the valve cover and firewall. The wires rub on a bolt and short out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts