Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 jeep cherokee (stock)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2018 stock wrangler wheels (gifted) 275/65/18..wanting to put them on my 01 Cherokee
Looking at 4.5 in lift and spacers /adapters
Anyone who's done this before and succeeded??
Advice????

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
Have we lifted our Jeeps. All of the active members have. 4.5", no problem. that is a standard lift for most, or even higher if you want. You will get what you pay for in lift kits. Long arm kits will ride better. Wrangler wheels require an adapter that goes from 4.5X5 to 5X5 inches on the bolt pattern

Reactions: grimnicholas

·
Registered
2001 jeep cherokee (stock)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have we lifted our Jeeps. All of the active members have. 4.5", no problem. that is a standard lift for most, or even higher if you want. You will get what you pay for in lift kits. Long arm kits will ride better. Wrangler wheels require an adapter that goes from 4.5X5 to 5X5 inches on the bolt pattern
I've done research on this ...long arm or short arm wasn't in my mind ...but won't be wheeling anytime soon (lol).
Do you recommend slip yoke replacement also??

·
Premium Member
9,829 Posts
Yes, on the late XJs the drive shaft will vibrate if lifted over 2". The difference between long arm and short arm is ride quality, even on the street. You will feel the bumps even on the street much more due to the angle of the lower suspension links

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
You aren't going to wheel it? Whats your budget? The cost of a 3" lift vs a 4" lift is nearly $1000 average. Junkyard parts and such can help but after 3" a lot more has to be doe to the jeep. Brakelines, trackbar, sye, shocks, etc. It all adds up. You need to understand what you are getting into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts