Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know of a wright up on putting to geather an AAL my rustys kit didnt come with instructions on that part of it, i know it go's under the main leaf but the center hole is not centered, one side is longer, does the longer side go towards the front or back? also it only came with 2 bands that go around the packs and the stock ones have 3 on each should i buy more or only use the two?

any help, thanks

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
From Rustys installation instructions.

26) Insert the additional Rusty's leaf into the spring pack, it will go next to the top leaf or under the next longest leaf,
all other leafs will go under. The long side of the new leaf will go towards the rear of the vehicle.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
As for the leaf pack "brackets", you can use the two, but I found that three on each side of the vehicle worked better especially when flexing. You want to make sure the leafs stay in place because if they slide out enough they will cut up your tires like butter if you're on the highway.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As for the leaf pack "brackets", you can use the two, but I found that three on each side of the vehicle worked better especially when flexing. You want to make sure the leafs stay in place because if they slide out enough they will cut up your tires like butter if you're on the highway.

thanks, you know if autozone type parts store has thoes things or shoul i call rustys back?

·
Registered
324 Posts
You will end up calling somewhere

AZ had no idea what I was looking for when I did my AAL...

The order taker at Rusty's didnt either back then... She had to go find someone to talk to me...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
through work i deal with a better place than auto zone but they charge out the A**

maybe ill through some zip ties on there................................ :D:D

ill have to see if my shop has any thing like that :thumbsup:

are you still running an AAL or did it sag like people say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts