Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the pictures, heres the jeep.

the original miles are under 120,000 but its had a hard life of being beaten up by off roading kids. what do you think?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fluids are chainges, even the axles and transfer case. belt looks good. the kid that had it before me snapped the hood reliese cable, so he gutted it and the safety latch and spring from the hood, and put in pink anodized hood pins.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have some rust holes to fiberglass on the rocker panelr, so im going to two tone the jeep black with the bumper lines, so ill paint them as well.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
looks good ... what year is it. I am looking at a 93 4dr same color as that one but not in as good a shape as yours. its had a plow on it.. but for 700 with the plow I cant go wrong... when you go to do the rockers think about maybe useing some angle iron or 4x2 tube steel if you plan one doing andy hard off roading with it instead of the fiberglass.... just a thought..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a 1995, i want it to look clean but aggressive, im going to fiberglass, the tubing or angle iron is a little overkill here, im not planning on leaving the street. ive been a bodywork guy for a while, and the bubbleing paint is bothering me to no end. im gonna fix it mechanicly, then its getting a full body respray, and rino liner fron the bumper top line down. base color probibly a burnt orange. ive always liked the orange and black look. a safari roof rack with built in light bar, front winch, and some good looking mud tires. you might consiter it a poser jeep, but i like the look

·
Registered
110 Posts
funny thing about tinted windows. My tinted windows passed the State Inspection...then i got pulled for them being too Dark. When i told the trooper that i had just gotten it inspected he said the inspecters were wrong..but whatever cause it still passed. So he let me go with a warning... but this was in desert illegal country so i thinbk he just wanted to see if i was up to no good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i started to do the two tone, and the weather turned on me. instead of just doing paint, i came up with a new plan. i think you guys are going to like this! i started off like any other paint prep by cleaning the surface and taping off what you dont want paint on.

then scuffed the paint with some sand paper

added a layer of rust inhibiter, and finally instead of paint, i put a couple coats of rubberized under body spray

making sure to get the door jams of course. so what do you guys think of my first official mod? i have not yet painted the rocker panel because it was too cold for the fiberglass.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and yes, i did paind BEHIND the bumper, not just to the bumper. the spray is brown, but its not as brown as in the door jam picture, it was still wet there. i dont think it looks too bad.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts