Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, :hi: Had local 4x4 meet and greet today at BW3, was talking to xjjeepthing, he told me about this solid board he was moderating told me to join, so I did.

Pic of my rig since fall of 08 (nothing changed since, except the snow and mud on it)

The day I bought it

My old 95 XJ taken just after we got done lifting.

Fun at orange trail at Badlands in Attica, In

Sad day two years ago

I sold it to a buddy in your local 4x4 group and he has it chopped with a cage Ford 9" with a D44 in the front with about 12" of lift with 40" ground hogs. Seeing it now I wish I would have kept it but oh well I was pissed and needed a changed. It was my DD.
Got my MJ and it is bigger than the XJ (well at least when I had it) and I painted to my favorite color.

keep it easy.
Hope so see some of you in person wheeling.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Hey Matt , thanks for stopping by. Welcome

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but it really FREAKS me out when I see an XJ flipped in the middle of a flat field! :confused:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but it really FREAKS me out when I see an XJ flipped in the middle of a flat field! :confused:
Welcome from VA!

Mud It looks like he went sideways into the feild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome.

Freaked me out too!

I laugh now, you have heard the voice mail I left.

I just got done wheeling with a bunch of guys in Rochester, IN. I had a blast. I had to leave early and I was on some BFE back county road, the temp was about 35-38 degrees so the ice was melting and still there at the same time. I hit a devil son of a bitch patch and it pullled me in the field and the field was kinda down in a ditch of course the soil was soft as butter and it sucked me in. The rest is history........

I have moved on, it happened over 2 years ago. I have other freaky stuff happen. Just another chapter of my life.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
LOL Yep He left the voice mail on my phone. Freaked me out. We went and got him, just glad you were ok.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
And here it is today

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Nice follow up information and pictures. I'm glad she lived on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the complements

I made the rear bumper, I hope to have sliders made for myself, and a front bumper. Need to make a steering box brace for the frame before I rip it out.

The entire cooling system has been upgraded need to get a e-fan because the P.O. took it out. Gets a little warm in the summer and when wheeling without a aux fan.

Going to do oba with a a/c compressor with copper lines. Do not waste time with flex hose.

Need a CB radio, and I hate the stock headlights so I am going to upgrade to h4

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
welcome to CT from SC!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to CT from NOR*CAL..
bummer bout the XJ.. what happened?? looks like its on the side of the road??
better note.. really dig your MJ, that things slick..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT from COS!!:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts