Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new member here. I own a 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo V-8 4x4 Auto. I guess that's it. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I joined this site because a friend told me about it, and I am having my first problem w/the Jeep I'm sure I can overcome it. My water pump went and I am going to embark on a strange new journey and try to replace it myself. Any tips would be helpful I'm a first timer at this...Thanks, Walt

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to CT from Washington state.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT rom COS!!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hi all, I'm a new member here. I own a 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo V-8 4x4 Auto. I guess that's it. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I joined this site because a friend told me about it, and I am having my first problem w/the Jeep I'm sure I can overcome it. My water pump went and I am going to embark on a strange new journey and try to replace it myself. Any tips would be helpful I'm a first timer at this...Thanks, Walt
Welcome!

Just get you a new, not rebuilt water pump. I personally would NOT buy it from Autozone.

Make sure you get some permatex(sp?) to put between the block and the new water pump. Check the gasket that comes with the water pump to make sure it looks good, no tears, etc...

You'll need to clean the block of the old gasket.

I'll leave any specifics to those that have your year model knowledge. I've changed my waterpump about 5 times on my 1998. :(

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
welcome from PR

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hello from Canada

1 - 16 of 16 Posts