Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Ive recently purchased a jeep chrokee sport, 4.0 auto, much to the disgust of my friends and collegues...South Africa is (Toyota mad).
I have NO experience with jeeps and bought her purley on gut instinct, yes shes old.....she has a bit of mileage (280 000kms), but she still has spunk and although she tends to rattle a bit (plastic interior falling apart, thanks to previous owner fiddling under the dash), she is actually quite comfortable to drive.
I am finding out though that information is not forthcoming in this country, unless you are ok with being ripped off by the jeep agents :) So I hope you guys can help me along! :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
welcome from IN :cheers:

helping is what were here for, this place can answer any questions you might have :thumbsup:

your friends wont be talking you down when your pulling thier trucks out of some mud :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Welcome!

The "Toy" people here in Texas give the Jeep people a hard time and visa versa.

Yes Yes, must have pictures, please.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to Cherokee Talk from Washington state. The Toyota - Jeep rivalry is just something that will always be. Post a picture of your XJ.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Welcome to CT

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT rom COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Welcome from Puerto Rico

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome from New York. You should get used to the rivalry. Ive owned both a lancruiser and a jeep, and made friends from both communities. and they are just as devoted as the other. Im just glad that you picked the right side! You will find a breadth of knowledge here, so enjoy.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Welcome to CT from Ohio, USA...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Welcome from Canada...We've got the Toyota - Jeep rivalry here too!!
(Most Toyota's however seem to using alot of Chevrolet parts where I live, while most Jeeps are using Mopar parts...)

·
Registered
69 Posts
G'day from sunny Perth Western Australia.

By the way you guys played some great cricket over here......well done on taking the series. Look forward to the rematch in SA real soon. If you want to run something over in your jeep do me a favour and make it Morkel's arms so he can't bat.....:rofl:

Rob
Proud member of the She'll Be Right Gang

1 - 20 of 21 Posts