Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's my first time here. I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I was hoping because it's Trailhawk rated it should be easy to find a hidden winch kit. Wrong! So does anyone have a recommendation for a kit for a hidden winch for my rig? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I couldn't find a kit either. Think your only option at the current time is to fabricate one . Not sure how you feel about taking a grinder to a newer Grand. Would probably have to cut out the bumper support and weld in some reinforcements. This wouldn't be a good option for someone with out experience.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
The gray Grand in the pic has a hidden winch. The bumper support was cut out and the winch plate was installed in its place. If you zoom in on the grill you will notice 2 slits on the right side. That part of the grill is removable to gain access to winch plug and clutch lever. Truth be told wasnt a big fan of this method . I opted for the winch bumper(white one). This was 5 years ago and his Jeep (the gray one)is still out tearing up the trails today. Mine not so much.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big thanks to everyone for your help. I was totally lost. Anyone have experience with the Rocky Road winch? It's not hidden but it looks dang cool if you're gonna have a winch. Might just go this direction but I'm kind of confused about the bumper bar and brush bar difference and setup and how to order both. I'm a total newbie on this and would appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The gray Grand in the pic has a hidden winch. The bumper support was cut out and the winch plate was installed in its place. If you zoom in on the grill you will notice 2 slits on the right side. That part of the grill is removable to gain access to winch plug and clutch lever. Truth be told wasnt a big fan of this method . I opted for the winch bumper(white one). This was 5 years ago and his Jeep (the gray one)is still out tearing up the trails today. Mine not so much.....
Big thanks! I like your setup! It's the other direction: if it ain't hidden, make it bold! I'm thinking that's how I'll go

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Thank you , she's heavy though. Roughly 200+lbs and need an engine hoist to remove....the Rocky road kit appears to be what you were asking for and does replace the bumper support. As far as the options, I would call and try to speak to some one in their tech-support. Looks like a solid and not to expensive option. Appears to be mostly bolt -on. You would have to cut the bumper cover. Good luck with what ever you decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts