Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I lightly put my foot on the gas pedal I get a high pitch whine. it goes away when I push down a little futher on the gas but when I'm on the highway and I lightly have my foot on the gas to maintain speed it is right on that spot. I would guess it is in the first 1/4in to 1/2in of travel on the pedal. any idea what this high pitch whine is. all I know is it sucks!:brickwall:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
its a jeep thing. your radio ant turned up loud enough. really i have no clue wat could be cusing this to happen

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
torque converter? maybe trans is low on fluid

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
In all gears?

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
an injector wouldnt be constant

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
if it were supercharged i dont think hed be worried about the whine LOL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine had a wine or whistle at certain RPM ranges and some of the whistles where different pitches and all went away when I replaced the cracked exhaust header on a 99.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
might be clog in air filter cusing whistle but might just be a regular thin with yours. mine knocks till its warm then its fine. been doin it for a while now but shit wats another motor lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some people on jeep forum think its the Spectre air filter I put in. apearently its a common thing when you upgrade the airfilter or air intake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it could be the torque conv. but also i had this exact problem about a week ago when i would slightly put my foot on the gas the really high pitch squeal would arise until i hit the gas more. all i know is when i changed my fan belt it went right away mabey that could be the problem??

·
Registered
158 Posts
My TB will whistle when just a hair of throttle is applied as you described. I also noticed it more once i removed the baffle for the TB tube from the filter box. As long as it's running fine, don't worry about it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts