Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
nice! Wait till you hit 300,000 like me you will start to get pariod that it is falling apart!:)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
haha nice idk if i will have the same engine by then haha, my rear main seal is leaking alot haha, i am saving up for the motor right now almost got the money haha but 300k thats amazing!!!
dude just replace the main seal. The motor will out last the bidy if cared for properly.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Congrats on 200k! I'd also replace the rear main instead of the motor. If you have a dependable motor that has given little headache throughout ownership, why would you risk throwing one in that you don't know the history of over a seal?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
true story guys how hard is it to replace the rear main? do i have to pull the motor apart to do it? it does smoke a little on hot days but thats it not on cooler or really cold days. My exhaust header has a crack it in since its the stock, but i dont have a cat anymore it goes header mid pipe and flowmaster out, idk if thats a problem but it runs like a champ, i just recently replaced the valve cover gasket and repainted it, but let me know how hard it is for the rear main.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Rear main seal replacement can be messy because you have to empty and drop the oil pan. I think there's a write-up on here, otherwise you'll probably be able to find one on NAXJA, Pirate, or maybe even Jeep Forum. I don't have any personal experience with replacing one, but it sounds like it's more messy than actually difficult - but I could be wrong.

You should put a Cat on your rig, I believe it's necessary in all 50 states.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i know about the cat just dont have one right now, when i got my new muffler had a friend put it on while i was at work one day and he cutt it of because he said it sounds better, but thanks for responding ill do some research.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts