Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Holy McFlexy!

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  tazjeeper 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Best comp jeep I saw was a trail runner.

We spent 3 hours running a trail at 15mph roughly which is actually movin good through trees and obsticles.

This guy managed to catch up to us within 28 minutes. All I head was a V8 reving in the 3-4k range flying through the trails. At one point, we saw him hit the mud straight away. Asking him later...he pegged 8k rpm and sent spray roughly 100ft in the air.

He later did a rock climb and his suspension let him climb at 3-4 times the speed of everyone else. Jeep was awesome and so was the driving team.

#9 ·
Interesting. Too much flex IMO and that's not a jealous comment. Where's the excitement when you have all four tires on the ground? That's boring. I get kicks seeing a rig climbing a boulder and one tire hanging 8 feet in the air. :D

#16 ·
I'm not digging the cage for some reason.....

#17 ·
I am not sure how I feel about rigs like that. Pretty damned cool for what it is, but with rigs like that all the challenge is taken out of wheeling and the point becomes moot. Unless of course they are scaling the walls of the Grand Canyon with it.

But, I have seen some pretty sick pro class crawlers built similar and they can definitely git 'r dun on some pretty extreme terrain. I guess it all comes down to what you are into and what you can afford.

#18 ·
yeah its cool and all, but i couldnt want a rig like that. looks to ghey and theres absolutley nothing that could make wheeling fun..

#19 ·
i posted that vid on my 4x4 clubs site. the jeep is owned and operated by the owner of the company that makes the suspension system on it and that was sponcering that compotision. weather you like that rig or not, its still kewl to see a rig capable of such a feat.

last night i checked to see if my wife had that much flex. they said she can come home from the hospital on thursday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.