Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hows it goin im new to this thing and so i should say hi...now thats done i have been thing about doin some hood vents on my jeep not sure though if it will be worth it though i think they look good and would help keep my jeep cool...but idk if cutting into my hood would weakin it or warp it and dont want that...and then well it be bad for my cold air to have the open air blowing right on the filter like when its raining hard or snowing...just let me know what u think thanks

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Hey hows it goin im new to this thing and so i should say hi...now thats done i have been thing about doin some hood vents on my jeep not sure though if it will be worth it though i think they look good and would help keep my jeep cool...but idk if cutting into my hood would weakin it or warp it and dont want that...and then well it be bad for my cold air to have the open air blowing right on the filter like when its raining hard or snowing...just let me know what u think thanks
I've done my own vents:

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f22/hood-vents-83/

Been through rain and snow with no issues. The temperature doesn't seem to drop significantly but it's letting heat out that's for sure. It's visibly obvious at a standstill.

You want to reduce engine temps? Run your heater core hose to the rear of your jeep and back and it'll drop the temps 10-15 degrees, i guarantee it ;) I just discovered this. :cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet that works yeah im trying to cool down my jeep and i will have to try that...thanks

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
You could always cut a 1' hole in your hood and put a fan over it :rofl:

But seriously, check ebay for hood vents. Occasionally they will be on there for dirt cheap.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
And whats wrong w/ my hood heat release method? its only a 2'x1' hole w/ mesh w/ a fan under that. look at my pics, but it could be personal taste.....
I have nothing against the way you did yours, it looks like a bigger vent. The guy that I was referring to has a huge hole in his hood, with a fan on top of the hood. It just looks thrown together and sloppy. I'm all for clean looking mods, but his just looked [email protected]$$ed.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to CT rom COS!!:cheers:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool thanks i think what im goin to do is pull the vents off this new yorker paint them black and put those in...thanks for the ideas and advise i will post pics when its done

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts