Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it looks like i have a x5 with no 5th gear i need a pic of a x4 or where to read the trans

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The AX5 is just an AX4 with 5th gear added to it.
well the 4speed clutch kit has the wrong pilot shaft size and the 5 seems to be correct

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont see a tag on the trans but it looks lke the x5 in the wiki but theres no pic of a x4 and im tryn to figure it out asap since i have to get a clutch in this asap and pull a 5 speed at pull a part if this has a bad 5th

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm confused I have a small pilot shaft the clutch discs are the same for both x5 and x4 but the pressure plates are differant so I ordered in another x4 kit since the first one had been opend already and had the wrong disc for any jeep someone switcher roo'd it I geuss , I ordered another set from a diff place and it was wrong too so I ordered another of the swithed one

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it looks like i have a 84ish x4with a 86 flywheel. the 84 has a small clutch and pressure plate, the splines are the same. the differances are the pilot shafts. so i geuss you can use a 84 x4 with watever clutch as long as you used the 84 pilot bearing.this is the biggest hassle ive ever had! so someone put a 84 in this 86? or a newer x4? i dunno. i think we figured out that the wranger 2.5 uses this smaller piolt bearing so who knows what i got

1 - 8 of 8 Posts