Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I say dangerous I mean dangerous to the general public.

No I'm not talking about a mechanical issue, or even erratic and unpredictable driving, I'm talking about just driving your Jeep on public roads.

I was driving to Sam's Club, just an hour ago. I like to go the back way because our friendly 4 lane road gets clogged with so many people on the weekend. Several good stores all close to each other.

I had all my windows down (about 70 outside today) and was sitting at a light waiting to make a left turn.

I see in the corner of my eye a older blue custom van going really slow. I hear horns start to honk, so I look. He made a right turn onto the same street I was on, and now we just have the median between us.

The guy is hanging out of the driver's side window saying something to me.

I turned down the stereo so I could hear.

"What size engine to you have?", he says.

I tell him, as he gradually moves forward (3 cars behind him)

I think we're done, but another question... "What size lift?" "Four and a half", I say. He drives on, everyone at the intersection is looking now. I guess they were thinking this is going to be a fight, these guys know each other and don't believe in telephones, or WATCH OUT FOR GUN FIRE! I know there was at least 3 people that were very upset with him.

On the way home from Sam's I notice the small pickup next to me has a very low rear passenger side tire. At the light I look over, but the little truck is almost a full car length in front of me, in the other lane.

I'm looking at the tire, the I look up at the driver. It's a kid, 17/18, he's staring at me. Actually no, he's staring at the Jeep with his mouth open.

We make eye contact, I motion that he has a low rear tire. He doesn't understand, so he starts backing up in the lane. :brickwall:

We get even and I tell him about his tire.

It appears that I may have to consider not driving the Jeep any longer. Not because of poor gas mileage, an inability to keep it mechanically sound, but just because it's just too darn pretty! :rofl:

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
drive it let them be jelous!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Everyone wishes they were as lucky as us. There just aren't enough XJ's left to go around. Buhahahaah...LOOSERS!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, I hope a couple of you guys are laughing as this was inteded to be funny. Oh it really happened, but screw um. I just love driving her, solid as a rock and a great head turner.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Around here I just get dirty looks, it doesn't blend in as well with all the "nicer" cars in the area. Oh well, I don't really care, just laugh when they get out of the way because they're afraid I'm going to run into them or something :rofl:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I drove by a construsion sight to day and one of the workers was starring at my jeep so hard he fell in to a hole they were makeing and dissaperd. he got up so i hope he was ok but funny as he!! too.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drove by a construsion sight to day and one of the workers was starring at my jeep so hard he fell in to a hole they were makeing and dissaperd. he got up so i hope he was ok but funny as he!! too.
lol that's great.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Around here I just get dirty looks, it doesn't blend in as well with all the "nicer" cars in the area. Oh well, I don't really care, just laugh when they get out of the way because they're afraid I'm going to run into them or something :rofl:
haha hell yeah! i love how people will switch lanes even if you are 5 car lengths behind them because they see me coming and dont want to be in my way!

i either get a smile, wave and/or someone pointing to show their friend/spouse/kid or i get mean mugged by tree huggers in priuses.

funny story, pulled up next to a booger green prius today driven by two older folks and they gave me the meanest looks and i just sat there staring at them back and they shook their heads. it was funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts