Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

441 - 460 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
355K+ and going

My last post in June, 2016 my 2000 Cherokee showed 344K on the clock. Now it is up to 355K+ and still running good. No oil usage or odd noises. It is though starting to develop an infrequent brief shudder somewhere in the rear. Possibly a universal or excessive play in the rear end.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
I can’t play this game anymore

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I can’t play this game anymore
I'm getting closer myself. I've been working away and spending time at tournaments. I might have enough to get an engine overhaul by January. I'll have to see how much the axles, and steering upgrades will cost.

·
Registered
111 Posts
95 xj. 198000. Probably closer to 230 since the po swapped the odometer with one im guessing had 30k less miles due to vehicle history reporting.

Engine and trans original, tcase was overhauled with bearings seals and chain about 7k miles ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
95 xj. 198000. Probably closer to 230 since the po swapped the odometer with one im guessing had 30k less miles due to vehicle history reporting.

Engine and trans original, tcase was overhauled with bearings seals and chain about 7k miles ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'd say you're pretty close with that guess. My '95 is at 231k.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
190,xxx and needing work. Almost made it to 200000 without tearing it apart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
212775 on my 2001. extra good maintenance runs like it did when I bought it new. Other than regular stuff like oil/filter changes [every 3000] Trans/Trans Case and diff fluids changed about every 50,000, new plugs once in a while, and a couple of serpentine belts replaced... the only fix it's have been;
Crank Sensor
Cam Sensor [changed when the crank sensor failed just for the heck of it]
Oil Pressure sensor
Water Pump replaced [small leak] has never overheated.
Front U-Joints Axel ends
Rear Main Seal at about 150000
and of course shocks and tires and brakes.

And the obligatory headliner fabric replacement done last month.

Should ad that about 95% of those miles are under 40mph and 2000rpm.... that's what you get when you live in a County of islands with no traffic signals and only about 30 miles of road where the spped limit is over 35.

I think this has had as much to do with my XJ's longevity as the good maintenance.

441 - 460 of 465 Posts