Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am looking for shows or jeep what nots to do and keep myself busy (other than wheeling). Still having trouble with getting over my ex, so any suggestions? I was wanting to go to the jeep show in June, in WV but my lil sis graduates then. What other shows? anything good? Please help! i need to set goals for my jeep to go to these things. thanks!

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Buy a welder and start making your own stuff for your jeep. That will definitely keep you busy :)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
What kinds of shows do you like?

Start keeping up with politics and the market, that will keep you busy for a while.
Or bored enough to start looking for a quick end. Both of those are so depressing. The welder seems the best suggestion so far.
Go to the Jeep show because some relative will tape the graduation. If you have seen one you have seen them all unless your sis is the valedictorian.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Something I enjoy is taking extra classes from a local community college. It's pretty cheap (around $80 for a whole semester), and you can pursue anything you might have always wanted to learn. Pottery, outdoor survival, whitewater rafting, French cooking, you name it. Not only that, it's a great way to meet some awesome new people.

Another thing that I really enjoy is doing volunteer work. No matter what, there is ALWAYS someone in need. You can spend time at a women's shelter, food closet, children's school, hospital, etc. Another way to meet some really amazing people, be it the ones you help or the ones you work with. If you like kids, try the local YMCA Big Brother/Big Sister program. You seem like a really cool person who would be a good role model for a girl who just needs a mentor in her life. Plus...you could start her out young on Jeeps :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Check out 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers. They just put on a show in the San Francisco bay area two weeks ago. I was going to go but we just never got there that day. They put on shows all over the country. You might even meet someone with another Jeep or something. They also put on local shows at various stores. They have stuff going all over the country.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
If I could make another suggestion, why not go on a Jeep Jamboree? It will get you out of the house for the weekend and you will meet new people.

·
Registered
488 Posts
go volunteer at the animal shelter..i worked at the humane society and would find the volunteers to be great to have around...

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hey i am looking for shows or jeep what nots to do and keep myself busy (other than wheeling). Still having trouble with getting over my ex, so any suggestions? I was wanting to go to the jeep show in June, in WV but my lil sis graduates then. What other shows? anything good? Please help! i need to set goals for my jeep to go to these things. thanks!
Eat chocolate, make new friends, find someone(s) to talk to.

Yeah and exercise, you'll really feel better after exercising.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Read books, or better yet, books on welding :) You never stop learning ;)

I'm always wrenching when i'm frustrated or need to "get away" from society. When i left for forum temporarily, I was wrenching on the jeep almost every week, doing things here and there on it. It just feels good to wrench.

Some of the off road magazines on the newstands have a page listing off road and jeep events. You could check those out...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW thanks, guys i will try some of those. Besides the jeep show, i might get the privlage to meet some of you guys, and see the face behind the screen name.

I did do something i shouldn't have done today that kinda sparked this question. I looked at my ex-husband's myspace, it said "in a relationship" so needless to say that stuck a knife in my stomach.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Keep in mind that "In a relationship" could be anything...

1) Farm animal
2) Something to piss you off when you look
3) Moved back to Mommy's house.

:rofl:

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
If I could make another suggestion, why not go on a Jeep Jamboree? It will get you out of the house for the weekend and you will meet new people.
JJ's are a good idea, but they're EXPENSIVE! The weekend alone (when it's all said and done) will probably run you close to $1000 bucks. Too much for just a couple days of wheeling IMHO.

I did do something i shouldn't have done today that kinda sparked this question. I looked at my ex-husband's myspace, it said "in a relationship" so needless to say that stuck a knife in my stomach.
The highlighted word is key... he's an EX. Don't pay attention to what he does, don't look at his stuff, don't think about who the other chick (or guy, hey-you never know!) is. It's only going to hurt you more, and make you think of stuff that at this point really won't make a difference.

On that note, April 18th there's an "Interclub" Competition hosted by BMJA @ Rausch Creek. Go up for the day and check it out. My club will be there, and I'll be competing ;) I'm sure people will be wheeling the next day (Sunday), so you can probably jump in a group. I'm leaving after the comp due to a family commitment on Sunday, otherwise I'd tell you to come join me and my friends.

I think the end of April or beginning of May OK4WD is having a Truck Fest of sorts. Come up for that (info should be on their website). You'll see all types of rigs (both Jeeps and non-Jeeps), you can play on the RTI ramp, they'll have their rock pile open, as well as a log bridge, winch races, Lo-Drag, club booths, Clayton will probably be there with his buggy and Toter Home, and you get a free entrance to RC for the next day.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
WOW thanks, guys i will try some of those. Besides the jeep show, i might get the privlage to meet some of you guys, and see the face behind the screen name.

You didn't need him anyway. Besides, you got the Jeep. It will never leave you for someone else.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Don't bother lookin at his myspace or whatever profile. He's now just another dot that exists on planet Earth. Forget about him. There are much better dudes out there.....with jeeps :D.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't bother lookin at his myspace or whatever profile. He's now just another dot that exists on planet Earth. Forget about him. There are much better dudes out there.....with jeeps :D.
lol yes there are, and they are taken, lol

I saw a sweet looking xj the otherday it was black with a much higher lift than mine, looks like a 5-7" lift with 37's-41's. I was sitting at a red light and he was going the other way, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts