Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went ice fishing on Sunday. We didn't have great luck, but I caught a nice Rainbow Trout. Other than this fish, I didn't even get another bite!! It was nice to catch the Fish of the Day Award though!!

We went to Eleven Mile Reservior, and this was our site.

Just a couple of shots of some rocks on the lake.

We had great weather, and a great time!! Trout is YUMMY!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice Rainbow! I LOVE to fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet you guys have some killer ice fishing up your way Lorno!!

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Nice man :cheers: I really want to try ice fishing sometime!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a lot of fun. If you can get in a hut, do so. You'll be amazed how well you can see into the water. Real easy to sight fish!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, that would be a bad thing!! The ice get "stress fractures" while your out there, but it's just weird noises. It is actually cracking, but it does it all the time. Mostly when the sun is hitting the ice and causing it to expand, it kinda sounds like a whale call, IDK, it's hard to explain online!! It can freak you out if you're not used to it, but it is really no big deal. Large bodies of water, like the one I was one Sunday, will get what is called a pressure ridge. It's like a fault line in the ice, and it rises up and there can be big chucks of ice kinda getting worked up out of the crack. You are supposed to stay 50' away from the pressure ridge, because the ice can act a little funny around it. They seem to form in the same place from year to year. Other than that, you could drive a Jeep across with no issues!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts