Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cherokee XJ
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 95' XJ and I am having a hard time identifying the submodel (Country, Sport, etc.) can anyone help? I can provide pictures if needed.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I am little hazy on '96 and down.
Is the paint original and the badging/decals still on her?
Pretty sure there are decals that will clue you in.
Might have the word "Country" incorporated in the pinstriping that runs front to back.
Thinking there might be a "Sport" decal on the front fenders.
Etc,
You could try running the VIN.

This supposedly will not work for anything older then '98 but guys here and there have said it did.
So give it a try.
I think you might even be able to ask Mopar for one but unsure as to how.

·
Registered
1995 Cherokee XJ
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might have the word "Country" incorporated in the pinstriping that runs front to back.
Etc,

This supposedly will not work for anything older then '98 but guys here and there have said it did.
So give it a try.
Yeah the guy I bought the jeep from repainted it and took all the logos and markers off. I will check to run the VIN but I will also check other parts. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1995 Cherokee XJ
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Etc,

So give it a try.
ok cool this gives me at least an idea of where to begin

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to decipher the VIN number, and it will give you a story about the owners and what kind of submodel it is. I usually check this through the auto insurance transfer and also sometimes I come across Epicvin's guide that I like to read

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to decipher the VIN number, and it will give you a story about the owners and what kind of submodel it is. I usually check this through the auto insurance transfer and also sometimes I come across Epicvin's guide that I like to read
I sent an email to the Jeep factory web site when I bought mine and they answered with a complete build sheet of everything that the factory put on my 91 XJ, basically the complete original window sticker type information. IE: make, model and all of the original equipment that it came from the factory with. I also got a build sheet on my 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited when I purchased it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts