Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I to get more info on the Cherokees. I just bought my second one , it's a 1998 Cherokee Classic loaded with the good rear axle, and southern so little to no rust at all, chili pepper red, came with all of the heavy duty cooling and suspension and tow package, and paint is super sun faded (but I'm going to fix that). I am 19 years old, but I have had many vehicles since I could drive (I buy, fix up, and sell them for extra money to spend on toys like this jeep) so I have done a lot of different things and know how to do just about everything on a vehicle besides building engines/transmissions (I plan to build the hemi in my charger pursuit). I have lots of experience off road as I started with a 2000 xj (that got totaled not from me but from a texter that hit me from across the road in a head on collision) to an older dakota as a dune jumper, to a 07 rubicon that had a ton of miles but was solid as a rock and I wheeled it a ton on places like drummond and rock crawling and stuff like that. Then I sold that because the market allowed me to make money on it, I bought my charger as a future race car (2014), I have already taken it to a road course it's a perfect car as it is, so I'm waiting to build it. So I missed off-roading this summer and determined I wanted another xj because of their capability and even nice ones, while expensive compared to what they used to be, are cheaper than wranglers (I got mine for deal on an government auction). Its got 148k miles and lived its life in the south and am looking to build it into a toy. I'm not rich so I am going to have to take it slow as it is my first time having a second vehicle that I did not buy for the purpose of selling. I work full time and go to school, but my hobby is everything cars, trucks and jeeps and anything American. I will be posting questions and looking at stuff on this forum for my build. I may also be able to help as I have had a lot of experience with these building my 00 xj practically from scratch. Have a good day, looking forward to share my knowledge on these and gaining more.

·
Super Moderator
10,627 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum. It's refreshing to see someone so young have such a desire to not only learn, but practice mechanical repairs. Kudos to you!. Can't wait for the pics!

·
Premium Member
9,379 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Howdy, welcome aboard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts